AAMC FL tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

estradiol9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which ones are the best? I currently have 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10. I am definitely going to do 11 but will purchase that one last because I believe it's the newest so probably most representative.

Members don't see this ad.

Which ones are the best? I currently have 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10. I am definitely going to do 11 but will purchase that one last because I believe it's the newest so probably most representative.

I don't know how many times this similar question had been asked :eek:

The answer is not which one is best, it is what is best strategy to take these AAMC tests. We all have different background as such some found certain test is either easier or harder.

The best strategy based on the general consensus is to take the tests from 3 to 11.

Based on "everybody" feel, 3-5 are easier. I also have seen threads mentioned 8 is difficult. Well, is it? :p:rolleyes::confused::idea:

Also, it is the SDNers consensus that 11 is closed to form, fit, and size to the real deal. Well, based on the folks from 3/24/12 test, that may be questionable :cool:

My 2 cents of comment is that do it from 3 to 11, don't choose & pick in random orders because of easier or harder. No one here know your own background better than yourself, well, what do you think?:)

There's no answer to your question. I hear a lot of people saying the earlier ones are easier. Dumbest thing I've heard. My lowest score has been on AAMC 3. For me, the first time I took a test, I was stressed out and didn't know how to take it. As you take more FL, you get more calm and start to see your scores increase. So maybe the last ones ARE harder, but you should still see an improvement as you take the exams.