AAMC full length practice test scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blackco1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm taking the May 22 MCAT. I searched but didn't find a thread for specifically the AAMC practice test. Anyone willing to share scores here if you've taken it? I just want to get a gauge started.

Chemical and Physical - 56%
Critical Analysis - 70%
Biological and Biochemical - 54%
Psych, Soc - 49%

Some work to do :( 56 days!

Members don't see this ad.

PS 64%
CARS 85%
Bio 73%
Psych: 64%

I too like to see where everyone else is at.

My scores were after 1 week content review

PS 81% (48/59)
VR 79% (42/53)
BS 81% (48/59)
PSB 86% (51/59)

My scores were after finishing content review. My MCAT is April 17th

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I've been studying for the mcat for a loooooooooooooooooong time man. I took a prep class with TPR 2 summers ago, did poorly, took a gap year and have been studying for the test since. It's been a long time coming. For the new sections, I bought the TPR psych/soc book and the Kaplan BC book. Both were phenomenal IMO. The reason I bought Kaplan BC is because Princeton's entire BC content review was 10 pages in their bio review. Not comprehensive at all

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! I've been studying for the mcat for a loooooooooooooooooong time man. I took a prep class with TPR 2 summers ago, did poorly, took a gap year and have been studying for the test since. It's been a long time coming. For the new sections, I bought the TPR psych/soc book and the Kaplan BC book. Both were phenomenal IMO. The reason I bought Kaplan BC is because Princeton's entire BC content review was 10 pages in their bio review. Not comprehensive at all
Same boat as you, except I did poorly a long while ago, and my confidence was shattered since then. Slowly I'm rebuilding it. How did you get the motivation??? your post inspired me again btw :)!

So wait, this AAMC practice test only gives you the % score, instead of an actual number for your score? If so it's pretty hard to tell how informative that is.

So wait, this AAMC practice test only gives you the % score, instead of an actual number for your score? If so it's pretty hard to tell how informative that is.
The actual scores will be based off of percentiles, so no one, not even AAMC has a clear picture of what the scores will be. It is still good to know where you weaknesses and strengths are. And if more people contributed to the thread we could see a narrow view of where we stand.

Is this the AAMC test that you can purchase on line? Is the computer format the same as at test centers?

Last edited:
Is this the AAMC test that you purchased from them? I haven't made my purchase from them yet but was wondering, do you take the test on line? I have never taken an on line test and everything I have is physically in front of me. I want to make sure that I'm familiar with the computer format.
I just looked it up and yes, the test is computer based.

The actual scores will be based off of percentiles, so no one, not even AAMC has a clear picture of what the scores will be. It is still good to know where you weaknesses and strengths are. And if more people contributed to the thread we could see a narrow view of where we stand.

If your sample is made up of only the hardcore premeds that actually post to SDN, your narrow view would be pretty skewed ;P

PS: 69%
CARS: 98%
BIO: 71%
PSYCH: 88%

Taken 1/2 way through content review. Hoping for a more balanced score.

PS: 69%
CARS: 98%
BIO: 71%
PSYCH: 88%

Taken 1/2 way through content review. Hoping for a more balanced score.
Wow! That is a very impressive CARS score. Congratulations. The will definitively equate to >130 on the actual test. When do you take the exam?

If your sample is made up of only the hardcore premeds that actually post to SDN, your narrow view would be pretty skewed ;P

Haha, I know.. I would rather see the top end to motivate me than the lower end to give me a false sense of confidence!

wow! 98% that's awesome! what all have you been doing to practice/study?

@xyphr your post encouraged me too. i took tpr class and did poorly on my first try. after regrouping and having a new strategy (one that includes ALOT more practice), i'm hoping to pull my scores up too.

=/ that's not very reassuring because it gives us no idea how adcoms will view our composite score, considering that even the AAMC isn't sure. It also makes it hard to tell how much we need to improve, for example, I scored a 507 on another practice test and supposedly that's good, but who knows what it'll actually mean if I get that score on the real deal?

=/ that's not very reassuring because it gives us no idea how adcoms will view our composite score, considering that even the AAMC isn't sure. It also makes it hard to tell how much we need to improve, for example, I scored a 507 on another practice test and supposedly that's good, but who knows what it'll actually mean if I get that score on the real deal?

Well, a 507 will be decent. That is for sure. The real question is if that is an accurate score or not. I'm sure it's a more or less accurate guesstimate of where you are at. Certainly we are at a disadvantage compared to those taking later or those who took the old exam, but such is life.

Reactions: 1 user
Same boat as you, except I did poorly a long while ago, and my confidence was shattered since then. Slowly I'm rebuilding it. How did you get the motivation??? your post inspired me again btw :)!

wow! 98% that's awesome! what all have you been doing to practice/study?

@xyphr your post encouraged me too. i took tpr class and did poorly on my first try. after regrouping and having a new strategy (one that includes ALOT more practice), i'm hoping to pull my scores up too.

Thank you both of you guys! I appreciate it. But I'm just a regular guy. In Summer of 2013 (omg..two entire years ago and I'm still not done lol) I took the TPR MCAT class. I took the test that Fall and got a 27. It was a wake up call, and I just graduated this past June and since then have been studying day in and day out for this test. As though it were a full time job. ~45 hours a week for the past 16 weeks. Now I finally feel ready and have been averaging a 512 (approx. 33 on the old scale) on the 14 full length 2015 exams I've taken. Just keep going! I wish all of us luck on test day

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you both of you guys! I appreciate it. But I'm just a regular guy. In Summer of 2013 (omg..two entire years ago and I'm still not done lol) I took the TPR MCAT class. I took the test that Fall and got a 27. It was a wake up call, and I just graduated this past June and since then have been studying day in and day out for this test. As though it were a full time job. ~45 hours a week for the past 16 weeks. Now I finally feel ready and have been averaging a 512 (approx. 33 on the old scale) on the 14 full length 2015 exams I've taken. Just keep going! I wish all of us luck on test day

What do you recommend for CARS? And passage reading in general. Bio really threw me a curveball with how passage dependent the questions were.

I scored a 85% on CARS with minimal prep, but I think the practice exam was easy compared to my study materials. I take the exam in June and have classes and work... I get about 20-25 hours in a week :(, until school is over then its crunch time

BC?