AAMC ID on LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brassica

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know this subject is likely to have been dealt with before, but I still find it confusing so I am going to ask. Forgive me if I am wasting thread-space!

My I have forgotten to ask my referees to include the AAMC ID and letter ID on my letter. They've finished the letter a few weeks back so I don't want to ask them to re-do a fresh letter due to my silly mistake.

It seems to me from previous posts that by adding the extra "recommendation letter request form" in addition to the letter would be sufficient? Am I correct on this? I am using the AMCAS letter writer, so it automatically adds to the content of the letter, not replacing it.

So what happens if my file gets reviewed my AMCAS before my referees add the extra "cover page"? Will the medical schools get the "updated" version with the "cover page" when the referees add them in?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't have my writers include it at all, just sent the letter packet with the AAMC ID and all my schools confirmed receipt.... so I wouldn't worry about it.