AAMC login issues: Is it just me???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TMC07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nearly every time I try to login to my AAMC account (to access MSAR, add schools to my AMCAS, etc.) the system tells me that my password is incorrect. I go through the steps to reset it, and it immediately tells me that the new password is also incorrect. I'm not just forgetting my password because after the first time this happened, I started writing them down in my planner. Is it just me, or are others experiencing this problem as well? AAMC hasn't done anything to resolve the issue, but I feel like has to be a problem on their end.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been dealing with this on and off for the past year. But if no one else is having a similar problem, I suppose it could be my poor internet connection. It may be time for me to quit AT&T.

I have had a similar issue, although only rarely, maybe three times total. In every case, I was sure I had the right password so I figured maybe the website was broken.

Sure enough, my same password (the one I know is correct) tends to work a few hours later.

I think the AAMC website will say "your password is incorrect" when in fact the website is having a technical difficulty that is UNRELATED to your password. The risk comes if you try more than 5 times or so, because then it may deactivate your password for security reasons, and then your password REALLY won't work.

One thing that tipped me off was it happened originally at like noon on a Sunday, which is probably a high-traffic time, and the website had been lagging. You posted on a weekend afternoon, so I wonder if the website chokes up on high traffic days.

Just a hypothesis.