AAMC Material Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobeanie95

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm taking the August 19th exam so I have a bit over a month before my exam. My question is: How long does it take to complete all AAMC material (question packs, section banks) and/or how far off from the exam date would you recommend to complete it? I've been doing a lot of TPR practice, and I was thinking of doing Khan passages before AAMC, but I'm not sure if with a month left I should start AAMC already. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, I'm taking the August 19th exam so I have a bit over a month before my exam. My question is: How long does it take to complete all AAMC material (question packs, section banks) and/or how far off from the exam date would you recommend to complete it? I've been doing a lot of TPR practice, and I was thinking of doing Khan passages before AAMC, but I'm not sure if with a month left I should start AAMC already. Thanks!

Start the AAMC stuff ASAP! This the best material that you are going to get to study with. The section banks are hands-down the best MCAT prep material out there right now. DO THEM!

I completed one Qpack a week until they were finished (except CARS I&II) starting 6 weeks before the test. I completed one section of the Section Banks once a week starting 4 weeks before the test. I used these as learning/content review to see what material the AAMC would ask and where I stand. I wish that I completed them sooner as to give me more time to master the concepts that I did not know.

I will taking the AAMC unscored this week and the AAMC scored next week. My MCAT is scheduled for August 4th. Overall, I wish that I started on the AAMC material sooner than I did as to allow more time for mastery. However, starting it when I did has been okay and I have learned a lot about my weaknesses and where to focus my attention. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user