AAMC MCAT practice exam vs. AAMC new MCAT2015 sample test vs. 120 MCAT quest.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ekk88

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi-

Aside from the psych/soc section, has anyone noticed a difference between the 120 practice questions, old MCAT practice tests, and the new MCAT2015 sample test? Easier? Harder? More detailed?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi-
I took the mcat last Friday. In general, I thought the AAMC FL was similar to the actual exam. However, psych/soc was very different and there were terms I never saw in my review with Kaplan. The Q bank was okay. The new MCAT is more research article based in my opinion. The old Q bank questions seem to be more dependent on content. The new mcat is more critical thinking. But it is sill worth doing in my
opinion. The more practice, the better. I took 12 FL exams and the Q banks and I think I did well on the real thing.

Good luck! Inbox me with more questions.

Reactions: 1 user
I took the May exam and thought it was similar in difficulty to the 120 question half-length exam. I found the official 2015 practice exam to be a LOT easier than the actual exam. on the real exam, the psych/soc was trickier and tested the concepts differently. there was less rote memorization and more application of concepts to the passages. in a way, it felt like the CARS section. So if CARS is your weakness, really work on it, get practice passages that belong in the "social sciences, psych/soc" category. Those I think would be more helpful than Khan academy practice psych/soc passages.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi-
I took the mcat last Friday. In general, I thought the AAMC FL was similar to the actual exam. However, psych/soc was very different and there were terms I never saw in my review with Kaplan. The Q bank was okay. The new MCAT is more research article based in my opinion. The old Q bank questions seem to be more dependent on content. The new mcat is more critical thinking. But it is sill worth doing in my
opinion. The more practice, the better. I took 12 FL exams and the Q banks and I think I did well on the real thing.

Good luck! Inbox me with more questions.

Do you mean the Kaplan Q banks or the AAMC Q pack?