AAMC Official Guide Scores Significance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

charles2493

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - new member here and taking the MCAT this Saturday. I want to ask what past test takers have thought about the AAMC Official Guide sections and how representative they were of the real thing. I've seen the thread with a list of the AAMC FL practice test scores, but want to find out how the Official Guide scores correlate with performance on the real thing. Obviously there's limited data, but just a few reference scores may ease some nerves. Even comparing guide scores with the practice FL would help. I improved quite a bit in terms of percent correct from taking the practice test a couple of weeks ago to doing the Guide questions yesterday.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the same percentage right between the guide and the practice FL. I'm taking my test on Saturday too. I think the guide was slightly harder, but both the FL and guide were easier than the TPR practice tests I was used to.

Whoops. Sorry, I thought I was on the Pre-Allo forum for some reason.

You should have a look at the spreadsheet on this thread.

I also thought the guide was slightly harder - at least in terms of the way the material was presented. And thanks Cotterpin - I saw that spreadsheet but unfortunately I don't think it contains the Guide's percent correct. Maybe I'm just not seeing it?