AAMC Official Guide to the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

globy123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. Does anyone know how many verbal passages are in AAMC Official Guide to the MCAT 2nd edition book?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. Does anyone know how many verbal passages are in AAMC Official Guide to the MCAT 2nd edition book?

It's 5 or 6. Definitely not 7 as I remember thinking how nice it would be to time all of the VR passages to simulate a verbal section of the MCAT. Yeah.. I think they did that intentionally. Still good practice though! It's only ten bucks with the purchase of an exam off their site too.

It's 5 or 6. Definitely not 7 as I remember thinking how nice it would be to time all of the VR passages to simulate a verbal section of the MCAT. Yeah.. I think they did that intentionally. Still good practice though! It's only ten bucks with the purchase of an exam off their site too.

How much is an exam?

How do you get this deal? I can't seem to figure it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive been wondering this too. I keep hearing about this combo deal but dont see it offered anywhere on their site.

It should be advertised in a little box on their AAMC test/purchase page. Let me see if I can find a link.

Update: Hmm just looked around on their site and that advertisement is no longer there so maybe the promo is no longer offered. You could try to call them and see if they would grant you the promo? IMO I think the $30 is a little overpriced for what it is. There are about 5-6 passages for bio, 5-6 for ochem, 5-6 for gchem, 5-6 for physics, maybe 20-25 discrete questions total.