AAMC PS SA whaaaatttt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interestingly I have very similar scores to you on the AAMCs and also the SAs, did well on all except physics! Ended with a 76% in physics and yeah not a great feeling! But I did physics last and I was super burnt out and had a hard time focusing on it especially toward the end. Maybe something like that? It is just sooooo long!
Don't even worry too much about them lol you've got great scores and should feel confident. And I'm also taking the 23rd!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I got a 79/80 on my physics SA and have gotten 13s on my last two AAMC PS sections. Don't sweat it!

I'm totally in the same boat in terms of studying – I don't know how to make the last two weeks useful. I had been trying to be all disciplined and do certain chapters of passages every day, but that started to feel like a waste of time so today I just watched Khan Academy videos on weak areas and read journal articles. No idea if that's the right move, but I felt more productive...

So I am taking the January 23rd exam. I have been doing decent on practice FL. I am retaking btw. But so far:
AAMC3:31
AAMC4:36
AAMC5:31
Kaplan1:32
Kaplan2:36
Bio SA from aamc: 88%
Chem SA from am: 88%
Physics SA: 73%

DID ANYONE THINK THE PS SA WAS TOUGH?! I THOUGHT IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT, GRANTED I DID ABOVE AVERAGE BUT THATS NOT A GOOD FEELING 2 WEEKS OUT!!! THANKS :) JUST NEEDED TO VENT AND WANT SOME FEEDBACK...crap my caps lock was on that whole time...to lazy to change it lol

Yep the Physics SA was a beast. Got an 80% if I remember correctly. 84% on Gen Chem SA. On test day I got a 14 PS. It's all about how you review and learn from your mistakes.

Good luck
-Ben

The last 2 weeks I am planning on just finishing FLs and reviewing them and then reviewing all the mistakes I made on SAs and FLs and go over my weaker topics, but man I took AAMC 7 yesterday and it was ok, 32, but got 35 and 34 on AAMC 4/5 and I really want a 33 at the lowest. I just feel so burnt out of the FLs, I seem to have good timing down, especially on verbal and bio, PS can be a little iffy timing wise though. So Idk. I probably will try and do them but then take my last FL on Sunday so I have a few days to recharge my energy stores for that Friday.
At this point I think it's about building confidence.
You said you're a retaker, would you say the test was harder than you were expecting? I keep hearing people say it's so much harder than FLs but then I have to think it's just the nerves of the day? I hope lol

Yep the Physics SA was a beast. Got an 80% if I remember correctly. 84% on Gen Chem SA. On test day I got a 14 PS. It's all about how you review and learn from your mistakes.

Good luck
-Ben

Whoah nice! How'd you do on the BS SAs and how'd you pull a 15 on it as well?! Any tips for the really hard passages?

I have found the PS SA to be tougher than the others, and frankly some of the questions are ridiculous in my opinion (there's one dealing with astrology that I'm thinking of in particular). Don't fret it, especially not a 73%. Review and learn from your mistakes. If you find a question to be unreasonable, then double check the content outlines to see if it's listed. Those SA questions were drawn from previous tests and haven't changed in a long time.

Whoah nice! How'd you do on the BS SAs and how'd you pull a 15 on it as well?! Any tips for the really hard passages?

Bio SA : 84%
Orgo SA: 88%

The 15 was luck, I feel. I basically went over the BS Content outline like it was my life. also i used TPRSW passages to help me get used to the hard passages. Review any and every practice problem you do, regardless of if you got it right or wrong. obviously pay particular attention to your mistakes, but sometimes you get a question right but you don't know why.

I thought the real exam was harder and that i bombed the PS section, but I ended up doing pretty well on PS (usually my worse section) but I did worse on VR, and BS than I ever did. The reason was because I thought that i did awful on PS and then that mentality was what I had the rest of the exam and it severely effected my other sections. Its all about confidence, once you know the material its about how you can keep your composure that decides if you do well or not.

hey so this time you know that!! So you won't let it rattle you and you will do great! :)
And so many people retake I feel like taking it twice is no big deal if you end up doing how you want on the second one

I actually thought they were somewhat easy lol (keep in mind, this was my first exposure to AAMC questions - I had been doing TBR before this).

Sure, for many passages I understood like 50% of the concepts but I found that I could still answer the questions.