AAMC Question Packs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misterwiggles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How relevant are they for the real thing? This might be self-answered if you suppose that anything officially released by AAMC is usually closest to the real thing. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Questions packs are from old exams. They are great for content knowledge but are not representative of the style of questions you will see on the actual test.

I see How might they be different in terms of style of questions? Are questions more generalized or more based on the passage? Just so I get a sense of what I can extrapolate from my scores on the question packs. Thanks again in advance!

They're from old exams, but from I have heard, AAMC is only referencing the questions that will be explicitly relevant on the new MCAT.

I feel like it is generally the same amount? Perhaps even a little more emphasis on passage analysis (since that is what they seem to be getting rid of, straight recall type questions)

Members don't see this ad :)
So they've shifted more towards content heavy type of testing? Is there any relevant sources that you might have pertaining to that? (or first-hand accounts)

So they've shifted more towards content heavy type of testing? Is there any relevant sources that you might have pertaining to that? (or first-hand accounts)

They are focusing on more research based questions. Lots of questions are data interpretation and a lot of people have stated that many of the answers are in the passages, one just has to know how to critically think and analyze it.

The best way to understand the style is to look at AAMC 2015 material. I recommend doing the OG because you want to save the FL till a later (closer to your test date). You can also look at Khan Academies passages, for the bio atleast a lot of them are research/data heavy so they can give you an idea (although Khan Academy passages are hit and miss and definitely harder and more detail oriented.)