AAMC SA Inquiry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bambam92

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys if I have old paper version of AAMC 6R should I not bother getting AAMC SA? I say this because I have a friend who had AAMC 6R and bough SA and was so pissed cause he said all the ?'s in SA came from AAMC 6R. Is this true? Please someone who knows let me know :). I am temped to but AAMC SA anyways because I heard it is helpful how it breaks down your weaknesses, will be finishing content review in a week so think it would be great to dive into those before FL's as I can address any weaknesses. But I am not trying to throw away north of $100 if all the ?'s are just ripped from AAMC 6R, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It may be possible that some are taken from there, but each SA has about 100 questions or more, and that's per subject! On AAMC they said the questions are from multiple unreleased exams, so I'm not sure how many, if any, are from AAMC6

Hi guys if I have old paper version of AAMC 6R should I not bother getting AAMC SA? I say this because I have a friend who had AAMC 6R and bough SA and was so pissed cause he said all the ?'s in SA came from AAMC 6R. Is this true? Please someone who knows let me know :). I am temped to but AAMC SA anyways because I heard it is helpful how it breaks down your weaknesses, will be finishing content review in a week so think it would be great to dive into those before FL's as I can address any weaknesses. But I am not trying to throw away north of $100 if all the ?'s are just ripped from AAMC 6R, thanks!
I've done all SAs and all their passages were extracted from the old version AAMC tests. Having said that, the whole point of doing SA is not to get your hands on more practice per se, but to figure out your weaknesses.

On the AAMC site, they said SA questions are taken from Mcat 1,2, and 6 (old ones no longer available) so if you've taken those before, your score on the SA might be skewed. I have AAMC 6 but I bought the SA anyway so I can get a better idea of my weaknesses.

Reactions: 1 users
On the AAMC site, they said SA questions are taken from Mcat 1,2, and 6 (old ones no longer available) so if you've taken those before, your score on the SA might be skewed. I have AAMC 6 but I bought the SA anyway so I can get a better idea of my weaknesses.

Thanks stitch. I assume chem, physics, and even bio to an extent will be representative albeit less experimental. But is the organic on the new SA relevant to the current AAMC guidelines or is it a bunch that isn't tested anymore?