AAMC Verbal Practice Items

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swatch_VR

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

As far as I understand, the physical/biological sciences practice items are completely out of date. However, does anyone know if the verbal practice items are worth the time to do (after one has already completed all of EK 101)? I have heard some people saying they are still quite representative of today's verbal MCAT. Is this true? Would jumping right into the Kaplan verbal WORKBOOK (which has 11 full lenghts) OR the 11 Kaplan verbal SECTIONAL TESTS (after EK 101) be a better option?

Thank you in advance for any input.

-A

Members don't see this ad.

Id say use the EK 101, but since you have completed that then yeah dive into kaplan's material since continued practice wont hurt a bit

This is what I did to get a 13 on the verbal. THIS IS AWESOME ADVICE:

I bought the examcrackers verbal workbook and tried to do one practice test a day starting about a month and a half before the exam date (find out how to time it). the last 4 verbals I did were the old aamc verbals (3R, 4R, 5R, 6R).

The whole time I also took the princeton review course and kept up with work in their workbook and went to their ****ty class.

The last few weeks before the mcat you get to take 7R and 8R I believe (just by signing up for the course).

Thus I gained a good mix of verbal materials. Each had their own advantages and disadvantages (PR, ExamCrack), but nothing beats the real thing.

Practice the real ones LAST so that you've fitted yourself for what you'll most similarly see on exam day.

Btw, I practiced over 50 verbal tests and the highest I ever scored was a 12 (though I scored an 11 or 12 pretty consistently). I absolutely owned the test on exam day. A lot of that was actually due to not doing anything the day before and relaxing my brain for the first time in a month and a half. You'll be surprised what rest and determination can do.