AAMC's FAP and the MCAT question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TwitchBeGone

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just completed the first part of the FAP application and the next step requires some verification and a question about the MCAT:

"Some of the Fee Assistance Program benefits are for MCAT examinees. If you will be taking the MCAT exam this year or next year, please indicate so."

I already took the MCAT (31) and I will be applying with my score... but since anything can happen, I feel that there could be a possibility that I will retake, maybe next year if I don't get into any schools. Should I still indicate that I'll be taking the MCAT even though I'm not certain?

EDIT: The choices are "Yes" and "No/Not Sure". Will it affect my FAP if I select "No/Not Sure" and then decide later that I want to retake?

Members don't see this ad.

I received FAP benefits for this application cycle. I selected "yes" just in case I needed to retake the MCAT, but didn't need to. It really doesn't matter if you select yes or no, you can change your response later on.

Reactions: 1 user
no, it wouldnt affect you. I selected no for this cycle and still got it

Thanks for the responses! I guess I'll just select Yes and select 2016 just in case I need to take it.