AANS and CNS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurochirrurgie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In a few months there will be annual meetings of AANS and CNS. There are some matters that keep me wondering..I hope you can help..:)
1. What is the difference of AANS and CNS ? Aren't they both American Neurosurgery society?
2. Did anyone ever submit an abstract for any of AANS or CNS meetings? Do they always accept the submitted abstract, at least for poster presentation?
3. Does anyone know about travel stipend or scholarship that we -resident- could apply if we want to go to their meetings?
thanks..

Members don't see this ad.

1. Yes they are both neurosurgical societies and not too much difference between them. They hold separate national meetings but have combined joint sections on a number of subspecialties. There are other national/international neurourgical socities as well but these two have the largest number of members.

2. They do not accept all abstracts.

3. Check their respective websites www.aans.org and www.neurosurgeon.org

Hi,

I just registered for the AANS meeting last minutes. I am writing to see if someone still have a room at downtown DC (Marriott or not) to share or would like someone to chip in the cost. If so, please let me know. We will talk more. Thank you.