ABEM Qualifying Results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I have heard this from everyone who DID see a score so far. Perhaps they want to get all results up before publishing any. Who knows? I never saw mine, so I'm disappointed. I hope they are up soon!

Members don't see this ad.

I used a mac, saw a passing score this am. Now the score result is gone. Anyone else have experience with this? I called ABEM. they claim any score seen is not valid.

I think it will work with Chrome or Firefox. That was obviously not the issue for me -- my scores are not posted yet/now.

So apparently scores WERE posted, but they are not yet validated... Ergo, ABEM pulled them so they can validate scores first. YIKES! Wouldn't expect ABEM to do something like that, but there it is. Hopefully the scores will be back up soon so I can stop developing carpal tunnel syndrome with constant checking of the site!

Members don't see this ad :)
Board scores are posted again on ABEM website...here's hoping they stay up.

Ok I see a numerical score and it says that decision is PASSED. By validating do you mean that it is possible that this score is not correct?

I checked yesterday and I passed, saw my numerical score too which I was happy about.

I just checked it now... yup, my score is still up. Still says Passed.

YAY!

I checked yesterday and I passed, saw my numerical score too which I was happy about.

I just checked it now... yup, my score is still up. Still says Passed.

YAY!

Same here, posting for my significant other who has been eagerly checking. She had called yesterday and they gave her the generic "it is not official until mailed" response. But since the score is still up, I take it she passed. Congrats

Congrats everyone who passed. Anyone in the still waiting boat? I took the test late because my test center was flooded from Hurricane Sandy.

I checked the website this morning and my score was not posted.

I gave them a call and spoke with one of the reps, who said in clear and certain terms: "The results aren't supposed to be up. We're all very upset that someone was able to access the results. No idea how this happened. Scores will be mailed on the 21st."

I just checked again now. Passed.

I gave them a call and spoke with one of the reps, who said in clear and certain terms: "The results aren't supposed to be up. We're all very upset that someone was able to access the results. No idea how this happened. Scores will be mailed on the 21st."

Nice... Congrats bud!

Thanks, amigo.

The lady at ABEM seemed to be turbo-aggravated. No idea how this is playing out on their end.

Congrats to you too, bud.

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you take your test later during the week? still dont have a decision. hoping to hear from them tomorrow.

Did you take your test later during the week? still dont have a decision. hoping to hear from them tomorrow.

Took mine on the very last day.

Lady on phone did sound like this was a calamity. I'm sure they're trying to like, sequester what protected data is left.

On a related note: I felt no sense of accomplishment or pride after this exam. Made me feel bad. I studied hard, but not out of a sense of "I can do it!"... but rather out of a sense of... "Maaan, another 8 hours in front of a computer ? Dun wanna do this again." The progression of my loss of tolerance for exams went kinda went like this:

STEP 1: OMG, I'm the smartest guy on the planet. Best feeling, ever. All my dreams will come true. I worked... so hard... for ... so long.... its... all ... so... worth it.

STEP 2 CK: Okay, I've played this game. Watch me light this sucker up. BOOM.

STEP 2 CS: Thank God! I'm not a mouth-breathing sociopath! But seriously, guys... 1200 bucks for this ?

STEP 3: ...uhh... two DAYS of this ? *grumble grumble grumble*

In-Training Exams: Why must you make me do this ? I got better things to do and precious little time off.

Qualifying Boards: Here, just take my friggin' checkbook. Could be working now, making money. Thanks, jackasses.

Not long for those who can't see them online.
From the abem.org website:

"The 2012 qualifying examination was administered November 12-18, 2012. Results were mailed December 21, 2012. To allow time for physicians to receive those results, no status verifications will be available until January 4, 2013. NOTE: Results are not provided over the phone or by email; mailed results are official. (12/20/2012)"

Not long for those who can't see them online.
From the abem.org website:

"The 2012 qualifying examination was administered November 12-18, 2012. Results were mailed December 21, 2012. To allow time for physicians to receive those results, no status verifications will be available until January 4, 2013. NOTE: Results are not provided over the phone or by email; mailed results are official. (12/20/2012)"

this is the result of all the people who looked online, then called to verify, or mentioned that others could see the scores online. good going.

Does this mean that we can't check our scores anymore online? I still don't understand why they just can't release them. It's so backwards.

Congrats to everyone who passed their boards!.

the progression of my loss of tolerance for exams went kinda went like this:

Step 1: Omg, i'm the smartest guy on the planet. Best feeling, ever. All my dreams will come true. I worked... So hard... For ... So long.... Its... All ... So... Worth it.

Step 2 ck: Okay, i've played this game. Watch me light this sucker up. Boom.

Step 2 cs: Thank god! I'm not a mouth-breathing sociopath! But seriously, guys... 1200 bucks for this ?

Step 3: ...uhh... Two days of this ? *grumble grumble grumble*

in-training exams: Why must you make me do this ? I got better things to do and precious little time off.

Qualifying boards: Here, just take my friggin' checkbook. Could be working now, making money. Thanks, jackasses.

+1

I got my score in the mail. Passed it. oddly enough- they didnt post it online.

I took my test the week after Nov 18th in the NYC area- for the people affected by the hurricane- the score will be mailed to you apparently, rather than be posted online.

I love how we get the opportunity to pay another 1225 by March for privilege of taking the oral boards. yay. Merry christmas ya guys.

2014 results went up around 12/29/14. On the website. Before 4pm ("by 4pm" was the predicted date).
Appreciated having time frames from previous years, so bump for an old thread.

Bump. When did the 2015 QE results come out? Still late December?
from memory it can out unofficially before christmas. i think around dec 12 or so. you can do a search

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk