Abnormal Psychology BCPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k8gr87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm entering my courses in, and it seems really controversial whether Ab Psych can be listed as a bio course. My course talked enough about neurotransmitters, the nervous system, how drugs worked, etc. and I don't think it would be absurd to list it as a biology course. I was wondering 1) did anyone recently (last cycle) get away with listing Ab Psych as bio (did you have to fight for it?) and 2) I'm confused-- if AMCAS has to change the course classification, will I have to resubmit it? will I be behind? will AMCAS/medical schools think that I tried to cheat the system? 3) basically, is it worth the risk to list it as biology if I got an A in the course?

Thanks for any advice on this!

Members don't see this ad.

There's no penalty if AMCAS decides to change the classification. They just change it. Just list it as bio and see what happens.

There's no penalty if AMCAS decides to change the classification. They just change it. Just list it as bio and see what happens.

awesome! thanks so much!