about.com articles on CV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

exeunt

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious as to how you guys view about.com articles--med students at my institution were recruited to write a few for about.com dermatology, which i decided to do mainly for fun, but now i'm wondering if it's worth putting it on my CV? i do have peer reviewed papers so it wouldn't be just to fill empty space. we were told that writing the articles would result in "quick" publications we could then list on our resumes, but i've heard from others that it would actually look bad or "desperate" to do so... just wondering if i should list them or just leave them off? thanks:)

Members don't see this ad.

just curious as to how you guys view about.com articles--med students at my institution were recruited to write a few for about.com dermatology, which i decided to do mainly for fun, but now i'm wondering if it's worth putting it on my CV? i do have peer reviewed papers so it wouldn't be just to fill empty space. we were told that writing the articles would result in "quick" publications we could then list on our resumes, but i've heard from others that it would actually look bad or "desperate" to do so... just wondering if i should list them or just leave them off? thanks:)

Yes, I would. I believe in ERAS you can list various types of articles, and one of the cateorgies is online articles. You can definitely highlight your interest in derm by listing about.com dermatology articles. In addition, I believe that for most (if not all) of these articles you are paired with a derm faculty/resident. It's always nice when the residency selection committee recognize that you worked with a familiar or known dermatologist on any type of project together.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I agree with Dermione. If you took the time to do it with a derm faculty member, then list it. Let the faculty member decide for themselves that you "wasted" your time, not you.