ABPN are still crooks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterofmonkeys

Angy Old Man
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just paid a 500 dollar late fee. Because I lost track of the day my installment was due. How the heck can they justify a 500 dollar late fee on an installment that cost 800 dollars? How the heck do they not have installments auto-charge?

When are these guys going down? How can so-called healers be such complete parasitic lifeforms?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
That is messed up, considering it can all be processed online and if you don't pay they could just turn you away from the test and keep all they money you already dumped in. Doing this to residents (with average debts of $160k+) is especially low.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, so, we need to spread the word and reject ABMS and their bloated bureaucracy. They do nothing, produce nothing and cost us money. They do not contribute to the excellence of physicians and CMEs are already mandated by state boards.

If you guy can, get your hospitals to recognize NBPAS and sign up with them. The only way to make a difference is to join and make a stand. Your jobs will not be in jeopardy.

Reactions: 6 users
I often run in to former-- "president of APA" or "editor in chief of X journal." Do people not also know the leaders of ABPN? Do they isolate themselves from the rest of the specialty?

Also, completely off topic... "similar threads" on the bottom of the page. :eek:

Reactions: 1 user
I often run in to former-- "president of APA" or "editor in chief of X journal." Do people not also know the leaders of ABPN? Do they isolate themselves from the rest of the specialty?
Getting to be leaders of the APA and Editor-in-Chief of peer reviewed journals require experience, expertise, and the respect of your peers. Getting to be leaders of ABPN requires grift, juice, and connections.

MoM and splik- Sorry to hear about that late fee. That amount for a late fee borders on fraud.

One of the reasons I will never be "Board Certified" until the other boards are accepted. I realize many don't have a choice in the matter, but in solo practice, there's not much reason to do so.

Also, completely off topic... "similar threads" on the bottom of the page. :eek:

They're chairs of departments and program directors throughout the country. Here they are -- the president was actually at my residency program way before I got there. One of the PDs of a really beloved program per SDN reviews is also on their board. I'm sure your PD or future PD would love to be on their board, too.

http://www.abpn.com/about/leadership-and-staff/

Let's see --

former chair at University of South Florida
chair at OHSU
chair at Case Western
vice chair/PD at Northwestern
dean of school of medicine at University of Wisconsin
professor at George Washington
professor/senior associate dean/former vice chair at University of Rochester
child PD at UTMB

Don't forget how the President and CEO is collecting $800k+/yr in a salary where he is producing nothing.

Reactions: 1 users
Is this for the CMoc? I don't have to pay anything until I sign up for my next recert in 2021.

I still agree they are crooks.

Anyone have info on cheap online CME's?

Anyone have info on cheap online CME's?

Medscape has plenty of them. Psychiatry Times also has some good ones where you can get up to 1.5 credits per pop. Most of the journals have CMEs associated with them, so if you are a member of society, there is probably 12 per year. I will have met my criteria without paying a dime for CME over the past 2-years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Attend conferences... nice vacation and learn something?

I can if I must, but prefer to relax with my family if taking time off. Plus most of the places holding conferences are not places I'm excited to visit.

ABPN wont accept Medscape anymore as apbn approved moc...
(as you don't have to PAY THEM for it)

Reactions: 1 users
ABPN wont accept Medscape anymore as apbn approved moc...
(as you don't have to PAY THEM for it)
You're confusing the required CME credits (which can be acquired from any Category 1 sponsored source) with the Self-Assessment CME credit and PIP modules which are limited to approved sources--not all of which require additional fees.

You're confusing the required CME credits (which can be acquired from any Category 1 sponsored source) with the Self-Assessment CME credit and PIP modules which are limited to approved sources--not all of which require additional fees.

I'm confusing it? They change the rules like they change underwear.
It's ridiculous.
As of now you are right about the CME
http://www.abpn.com/maintain-certif...equirements/continuing-medical-education-cme/

I could have sworn it was different the last time I looked though!

They're chairs of departments and program directors throughout the country. Here they are -- the president was actually at my residency program way before I got there. One of the PDs of a really beloved program per SDN reviews is also on their board. I'm sure your PD or future PD would love to be on their board, too.

http://www.abpn.com/about/leadership-and-staff/

Let's see --

former chair at University of South Florida
chair at OHSU
chair at Case Western
vice chair/PD at Northwestern
dean of school of medicine at University of Wisconsin
professor at George Washington
professor/senior associate dean/former vice chair at University of Rochester
child PD at UTMB

I only know one person on the list, but it's not a surprise to me that said person is a master "politician". I don't think I have the schmoozing skills to rise that far in academic medicine.

These guys are extremely vulnerable under RICO if anyone had the money/balls and political influence to stand up to them. The latter is the key.

What specific criminal statute are you alleging they have violated that would make RICO relevant?