Abstract Publication ERAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaleerkalut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've had a few Abstracts accepted to national and regional meetings. I was told by my PI that I should list these as "Published Abstracts". When I look under ERAS for this option I see "Peer Reviewed Journal Articles/Abstracts". The required fields to be filled include:

Journal Article(s)/Abstract(s) Title: *
Author(s): *
Publication Name: *
PMID: ( Publication Med-Line Unique Identifier )
Volume: *
Issue No: *
Pages: * (eg. 200-212)
Month: *
Year: *

Since this was at a conference, there is no volume, issue #, etc. associated with the accepted Abstract. Should I be listing this elsewhere? Technically it is a peer-reviewed and accepted abstract that was published in the event program, but obviously I don't want to place this somewhere incorrectly and be viewed in a poor light as incompetent/padding/whatever. TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Sometimes abstracts are published in a supplemental issue. You could use that. Otherwise, use "S" or "A" for the volume and issue and see if there is an area to write in a short explanation such as "Abstract presented at American College of Physicians Annual Meeting."

Sometimes abstracts are published in a supplemental issue. You could use that. Otherwise, use "S" or "A" for the volume and issue and see if there is an area to write in a short explanation such as "Abstract presented at American College of Physicians Annual Meeting."

I have an abstract published in a supplement, but it is not on PubMed so there is no PMID. Is it okay to leave this section blank?

Abstract was only published in the program. Not sure how to list?

What does S or A stand for?

Abstract was only published in the program. Not sure how to list?

Dean's office answer: list publication as "presented at CONFERENCE NAME"

What if you're an author on the paper being presented but not the presenter?

as an oral/poster presentation or a peer-reviewed published abstract?

as an oral/poster presentation or a peer-reviewed published abstract?

My understanding is that accepted abstracts go under peer reviewed articles/ abstracts (either as accepted or published, whatever the case) and then if you also have the presentation they also go under oral/ poster presentation, whichever is the case. Seems redundant to me, but that's how I was told to list it. I guess the other benefit is that you still get credit for accepted/ published abstracts even if you were not the one who delivered the presentation.