Academic LOR for Pharmacy School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

californiabear_102

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I know a few pharm schools have different specifications regarding what LOR's are required however in regards to academic LOR's from a professor, would anything listed on our transcript count as an academic LOR? I am asking my public health professor to write my LOR, however the class I took with her was not for a letter grade (Pass/No Pass credit), so I'm not sure if it counts. My other academic reference was for a professor I did research for and received academic credits in the form of a letter grade for my research. I have a LOR from my pharmacist already, but I am debating whether to ask for a LOR from another science professor in a class I received a letter grade in (I have a few to ask, but I feel like they don't know me as well as the current professors I've asked). I also wanted to ask my supervisor from a non-profit global healthcare organization I worked for the past 2 years, but PharmCAS only allows 4 LORs max. Should I ask for another academic reference or from a my work supervisor? thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Usually for the LORs they just want any professor, but some schools may specify that you needed a letter grade in their class. You would need to look into individual school requirements. The LORs for PharmCAS need to be done through their system where the professor sends the letter directly to them. Nothing written within your transcript, like a paragraph about how awesome you were, would count as an official LOR.

For the rest of your paragraph this is what I understand are your LORs:
1. Public Health Professor with P/NP Credit who knows you well
2. Professor you did research for and got a letter grade
3. Pharmacist

Between asking from a science professor who barely knows you, and a supervisor who you worked under at a healthcare organization who knows you well, I would go with the supervisor. You seem to already meet most schools' requirements by having the second and third letter listed.

Reactions: 1 user