General Admissions & OTCAS Academic Update & Intersession Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lcs2074

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow applicants!

I plan on calling OTCAS about this once they reopen after the holidays, but in the meantime was wondering if anyone here has any answers or experience with this. I am currently taking a prerequisite class during the "intersession" between Fall and Spring Semester. It will be complete in mid-January, so well before the AU update deadline. Does anyone know if the grade for this class can be posted as complete and calculated into my GPA for the AU update then?

On the OTCAS FAQ it only says that the AU update is for summer & fall classes, but doesn't mention anything about intersession. Currently I'm unable to mark the class as complete on the classwork page, but don't know if that will maybe change after it is completed in a couple weeks...any assistance appreciated! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello fellow applicants!

I plan on calling OTCAS about this once they reopen after the holidays, but in the meantime was wondering if anyone here has any answers or experience with this. I am currently taking a prerequisite class during the "intersession" between Fall and Spring Semester. It will be complete in mid-January, so well before the AU update deadline. Does anyone know if the grade for this class can be posted as complete and calculated into my GPA for the AU update then?

On the OTCAS FAQ it only says that the AU update is for summer & fall classes, but doesn't mention anything about intersession. Currently I'm unable to mark the class as complete on the classwork page, but don't know if that will maybe change after it is completed in a couple weeks...any assistance appreciated! Thanks
I was wondering about that too. I'm taking two interssession classes and I've already applied through otcas...what schools are you applying to?? My otcas was verified in my otcas gpa was 2.77 although it says 3.11 on my transcript.

They are super fast at replying to facebook comments. I just did my update- it took longer bc of holidays. I am not sure the answer but my idea would be that as long as ur class and you update by deadline. The only thing would be , I do not remember if you need have transcripts in by deadline and if so- will your transcripts get there in time?
I know for me my transcripts were much higher bc my school was on a A+ scale. OTCAS is on a 4.0 scale- so any A+ that boosted my GPA in college, did not at OTCAS. I think also the semester vs quarter based- should change your GPA. My quarter semesters had lower impact bc instead of 4.0 at 8 credits it was 4.0 at 6. ?

They are super fast at replying to facebook comments. I just did my update- it took longer bc of holidays. I am not sure the answer but my idea would be that as long as ur class and you update by deadline. The only thing would be , I do not remember if you need have transcripts in by deadline and if so- will your transcripts get there in time?
I know for me my transcripts were much higher bc my school was on a A+ scale. OTCAS is on a 4.0 scale- so any A+ that boosted my GPA in college, did not at OTCAS. I think also the semester vs quarter based- should change your GPA. My quarter semesters had lower impact bc instead of 4.0 at 8 credits it was 4.0 at 6. ?

Thanks, I spent a couple hours on the phone with OTCAS about it today. Turned out my in progress interim class should have been able to be updated to complete, but for some reason there was an error where it just wasn't working. Eventually they just decided to write a note on my file to update it manually when they receive my transcripts. My class ends a month before the deadline, so there shouldn't be any problem getting the transcript there in time. Glad to have it sorted though.

If anyone else out there has intersession grades to update, I suggest making sure you don't have this same issue. If you do, call them!

Last edited: