Acceptances = 0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NYCPT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This forum can be so helpful, but yet depressing at times if you are still waiting to hear back from programs. I read all the acceptances and waitlists (you have hope too), but how about the people who haven't heard anything at this point. How are you feeling? Like me, are you checking the mailbox, staying by the phone and email in hopes of.......

How about those who haven't even received an interview invite.

Let's be of support to each other. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I hear you. I have been on here sporadically because sometimes it stresses me out moreso than I already am; other times, it is helpful to come on here and see that there are a lot of other people in the same boat as you are.

Just wondering from your screen name, did you apply to Stonybrook? I had an interview with them over 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back. They are my top choice so I'm REALLY hoping I get in....

I am right there with you. I love this forum though. I really does make me feel better about my situation because there are a lot of other people out there going through the same thing. I know that there is still hope but I have slowly started to sway away from that. I check my mailbox twice a day (even though I know the mail doesn't run until the afternoon). I am always on the computer checking my email and I never let my phone leave my side, just in case! I have yet to get called for an interview. The two schools I have been waitlisted at did not interview. One of the schools places every student that meets their requirements on the waitlist until a decision has been made. That kinda bummed me out!! I really like to know when others start hearing back from schools that I have applied to because then I know I should be hearing something soon. It can be stressful at times to but it does help ease my nerves a little bit. I know that a lot of people have applied and not gotten in their first year and take a year off. This forum has really helped me understand how beneficial taking a year off from college could be. I really do not want to do that but I think if it has to happen like that there is a reason and it could make a world of difference to do so. I just hope that in the long run everything works out for the best!!! Right now I am just sitting back and crossing my fingers that one school will see something good in me and want to give me a shot!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I totally can relate to where you two are coming from. I've had only one interview so far, and was waitlisted. I also got waitlisted from a school w/o an interview.

I also have 4 rejections, with another one expecting to reject me (won't meet prereqs until this summer)

I still have two more interviews, but I'm not feeling very confident at the moment. Kind of down actually... :rolleyes:

Hey "AbbaZabba" just be glad you got those interviews though!! At least you get a chance to explain yourself, defend yourself and you get a moment to shine. They get to meet you and see what your personality is like and get to know you as a person, not as what you look like on paper. That is the only thing I hate about no interview. You really never get to know the people. You only know that they look good/bad on paper. I think getting an interview invitation is huge!! Take advantage of that and run with it. Who knows you may blow them outta the park!!! Good luck to you!!

This forum can be so helpful, but yet depressing at times if you are still waiting to hear back from programs. I read all the acceptances and waitlists (you have hope too), but how about the people who haven't heard anything at this point. How are you feeling? Like me, are you checking the mailbox, staying by the phone and email in hopes of.......

I've read a couple posts where people suggest that if quite some time has passed and you feel that you should have heard by now, that you could email admissions to inquire as to whether or not they've made decisions yet.

Other people have said that a lot of programs have received more applicants than expected and/or have changed their selection procedures this year, which has made the selection process take a lot longer than in previous years.

Don't lose hope!!!

This forum has definitely been an invaluable resource to me. I've gotten one acceptance and two declines so far. My acceptance is in a private put of school DPT program. I'm still waiting to hear from in state programs for cheaper tuition. If not, private school here I come:)

I hear you. I have been on here sporadically because sometimes it stresses me out moreso than I already am; other times, it is helpful to come on here and see that there are a lot of other people in the same boat as you are.

Just wondering from your screen name, did you apply to Stonybrook? I had an interview with them over 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard back. They are my top choice so I'm REALLY hoping I get in....

Yes, I applied to Stony Brook, but never got an interview invite. I know the last round is later this month, so I am starting to assume that a rejection letter will be coming my way. I saw your stats and they are great, I can't believe you are still waiting to hear from Stony.

I am right there with you. I love this forum though. I really does make me feel better about my situation because there are a lot of other people out there going through the same thing. I know that there is still hope but I have slowly started to sway away from that. I check my mailbox twice a day (even though I know the mail doesn't run until the afternoon). I am always on the computer checking my email and I never let my phone leave my side, just in case! I have yet to get called for an interview. The two schools I have been waitlisted at did not interview. One of the schools places every student that meets their requirements on the waitlist until a decision has been made. That kinda bummed me out!! I really like to know when others start hearing back from schools that I have applied to because then I know I should be hearing something soon. It can be stressful at times to but it does help ease my nerves a little bit. I know that a lot of people have applied and not gotten in their first year and take a year off. This forum has really helped me understand how beneficial taking a year off from college could be. I really do not want to do that but I think if it has to happen like that there is a reason and it could make a world of difference to do so. I just hope that in the long run everything works out for the best!!! Right now I am just sitting back and crossing my fingers that one school will see something good in me and want to give me a shot!!! :)

Hang in there!!! The simple fact that your major is in pre-physical therapy studies should be viewed as an asset to some programs. Let's hope that you will be given your shot.

Hey "AbbaZabba" just be glad you got those interviews though!! At least you get a chance to explain yourself, defend yourself and you get a moment to shine. They get to meet you and see what your personality is like and get to know you as a person, not as what you look like on paper. That is the only thing I hate about no interview. You really never get to know the people. You only know that they look good/bad on paper. I think getting an interview invitation is huge!! Take advantage of that and run with it. Who knows you may blow them outta the park!!! Good luck to you!!

You are absolutely correct, jlconner. I should be more grateful, but it IS difficult when it is mid-Feb and I have no school to attend to. I am very geeked for my two upcoming interviews though.

Also, thank you very much for the well-wishes. =)

Good luck to you, and to everyone else, as well!

I totally can relate to where you two are coming from. I've had only one interview so far, and was waitlisted. I also got waitlisted from a school w/o an interview.

I also have 4 rejections, with another one expecting to reject me (won't meet prereqs until this summer)

I still have two more interviews, but I'm not feeling very confident at the moment. Kind of down actually... :rolleyes:

Three interviews are great and the waitlist is hope!!!

Thanks, mate. I suppose I just need to put it all in perspective.

Good luck to you w/ Stony!

Thank ya!!!! Stony isn't my first choice, although I did want an interview. :laugh: The commute will be horrendous for me; it was my second choice. Still waiting to hear from my first choice. :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)

Keep in mind that the responses on this forum (especially in the GPA's, GRE's, etc. thread) skew toward those that have higher quantitative numbers and those that have received positive news. People typically don't seem to post after waitlist or rejection decisions.

So, there are likely more of you out there than it seems. Getting an acceptance seems unattainable because this forum makes it seem like the only people getting into school are 3.8 GPA-ers with double 790's on the GRE. Regardless of the brag-fest that tends to go on here, this is not the case. Stay positive; we've all checked the mailbox and e-mail incessantly during this process. You still have time.

AbbaZabba, sorry to hear about the waitlist. Call that particular school and check to see where you are on the list. As I've said, they have gone pretty deep into it during the past few years. Hope that you hear some good news soon, dude.

Speaking as someone who was not accepted anywhere the first time applying to schools....I am SO GLAD I had this extra year off! It was nice to get a break from studies, work and save up money, focus on my hobby loves, get a certification in personal training, and again, a break from the 4 years of school I had just completed!

Granted, it was a bummer not hearing back from schools, you still have hope. And if you end up not going somewhere this Summer/Fall then don't worry about it, use this free time to your advantage and get your applications in super early next time :)

Last year I only applied to UCF and waited till the end of March to hear I was rejected. Very anxious and stressful situation. For this year I am still waiting to hear from UCF, UF and FIU. I am assuming I am on the wait list at UCF because their website states they sent out the first wave of acceptances. It is disheartening as I feel I really excelled at the interview, so I'm just stressed out thinking what the heck are they looking for? Additionally, I called Friday to see where I stood and have yet to have my phone call returned. I wish the schools put a little more effort into letting us know where we stand as this can be very stressful. Anyhow, good luck to everyone and I hope it works out for us all.

It has been humbling for sure. I was hoping a solid three final years to balance a rough frosh year of college. We'll see. Still waiting on a lot though.

Undergrad: BS of Exercise Science
School: Utah Valley University
GPA overall: 3.43
GPA s/m: 2.95
GRE:420/480/3.5
Extra curricular: Pres Ex Sci Club, VP of Pre-PT club, Anatomy lab TA, Eagle Scout, research presented at 2010 WSKW, UVU Lacrosse Team

Applied: UNT, Texas Tech (top choice!) Tenn State, Nova, USF, Pacific, Rocky Mountain, Miss State, Rockhurst, New England, Touro-NY, Lynchburg, Scranton, Southwest Baptist, Long Island U, Arkansas State (2nd top choice), Western Carolina,*
Interviewed:Rockhurst (Jan 27) New England (Mar 9)
Wait listed: Rocky Mountain, Pacific, Rockhurst
Accepted:*
Rejected: Scranton, USF, Nova, Miss State, Long Island, UNT

Hey everyone, I know this is a tough time and can make things very stressful. Hang in there though. This is my third attempt at getting into school and it finally happened for me. If it doesn't happen for you this time around, try again and again. If you truly want this, then stick with it. It is a blow to your confidence to not get in anywhere but hang in there and take the next year to improve your apps. I applied to 23 schools....yes 23, and I have pretty solid stats..and even though people have told me that I "over applied" I still was only accepted to 3 of the 23...competition is at an all time high. Not saying you will have the same luck as me, but if it comes down to applying again next year...I say apply everywhere. Good luck everyone, we are all in this together and keep your heads up. It will happen for you if you want it bad enough!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what are you stats and where all did you apply? Which ones did you get accepted to and where will you be attending? Congratulations to you. That is awesome that you are in now!!

Speaking as someone who was not accepted anywhere the first time applying to schools....I am SO GLAD I had this extra year off! It was nice to get a break from studies, work and save up money, focus on my hobby loves, get a certification in personal training, and again, a break from the 4 years of school I had just completed!

Granted, it was a bummer not hearing back from schools, you still have hope. And if you end up not going somewhere this Summer/Fall then don't worry about it, use this free time to your advantage and get your applications in super early next time :)

I agree with a lot of the sentiments here. The year in-between for me was great for pursuing passions/hobbies with minimal real-world responsibility.

Something to think about. I interviewed at Drexel and they said something along the lines of they usually get ~400 applicants, and this year they had ~1400. Other schools I interviewed at echoed this, though not to the same extreme. This means, yes, the applicant pool is more competitive. This also means the average student is likely applying to more schools than previously, which in turn means more waitlist spots will be accepted than normal because the top students are rejecting more schools than previously. The APTA data for this admissions cycle hasn't been published yet (that I know of), but below is last year's. I imagine next year's will look quite different relative to years past.

http://www.apta.org/uploadedFiles/A...APTA/PTCAS/2010_11_PTCAS_ApplicantDataRpt.pdf

My guess is that this will pan out much closer to May than previously. Many students accepted to their 2nd (or lower) choice program but waitlisted at their first will send a deposit for their 2nd (or lower) choice and wait to hear from their first. Meanwhile, another student will be in the reverse position: having a deposit in for others' first choice school while waiting to hear from others' second choice school. The end result will be everybody waiting to commit as long as possible, meaning more waitlisted spots will be opened later than usual. When the deposit is as low as 200$, why not send in the deposit and wait and see if it means getting into their top school? In another thread somebody mentioned getting an acceptance on the first day of classes, and I bet more of this will happen this cycle.

So keep your heads up! I actually started a similar thread about a month ago, just to be accepted (still my only to date!) a few days later. Remember, it only takes one!

I haven't received an acceptance either and it looks like I may not know until the first week in April. Waiting is torture! It's also annoying how all of my loving friends and co-workers keep asking me if I got in yet. They've been asking since November and I wish I could just wear a big "Not Accepted Yet" sign so no one would ask.

I haven't received an acceptance either and it looks like I may not know until the first week in April. Waiting is torture! It's also annoying how all of my loving friends and co-workers keep asking me if I got in yet. They've been asking since November and I wish I could just wear a big "Not Accepted Yet" sign so no one would ask.

If one more person asks me where I want to go to school or where I've applied, I'm going to shoot myself.

Kevin

[ They've been asking since November and I wish I could just wear a big "Not Accepted Yet" sign so no one would ask.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! I can only laugh because I know EXACTLY what you and Kevin mean!

I told my coworkers the day they see me packing up my cubicle, they will know something big finally happened.

I applied to 23 schools....yes 23, and I have pretty solid stats..and even though people have told me that I "over applied" I still was only accepted to 3 of the 23...competition is at an all time high.

what are your stats?? I would say if you had solid stats then you wouldnt have only gotten into 3 of the 23 schools you applied to...

I love the unity of this post. Looks like we're all in this together. I applied to 9 schools. I've received one waitlist offer, 2 interviews (one rejected me last month), and 5 total rejections. I'm still waiting to hear from 3 other schools (although they may be long shots at this point). I e-submitted at the end of August, so the wait has been killing me.

[ They've been asking since November and I wish I could just wear a big "Not Accepted Yet" sign so no one would ask.

Hahaha! I can only laugh because I know EXACTLY what you and Kevin mean!

I told my coworkers the day they see me packing up my cubicle, they will know something big finally happened.[/QUOTE]

Too funny! My work is connnstantly asking me if I know anything yet, so they can replace me. Also, to further reinforce the idea of schools having more applicants, I just got off the phone with a school in MI because the acceptance/rejection letters were to be received a while ago, and I was told that mine hasn't been sent yet.

Too funny! My work is connnstantly asking me if I know anything yet, so they can replace me. Also, to further reinforce the idea of schools having more applicants, I just got off the phone with a school in MI because the acceptance/rejection letters were to be received a while ago, and I was told that mine hasn't been sent yet.
Yea...I'm getting that at work a lot too. I still don't have any good news yet to tell them though :/

For me, I just graduated and I don't know if I should focus all my time on finding a second job to start paying back my undergrad loans, or if I should just try to make my application better for next year.

I applied to 9 schools. I've received one waitlist offer, 2 interviews (one rejected me last month), and 5 total rejections. I'm still waiting to hear from 3 other schools (although they may be long shots at this point).

1 waitlist
1 interview (one rejection last month)
6 rejections (adding in the one from last month)
-----------------------------
8 total schools out of 9 schools applied.....how are you waiting to hear from 3 other schools??

1 waitlist
1 interview (one rejection last month)
6 rejections (adding in the one from last month)
-----------------------------
8 total schools out of 9 schools applied.....how are you waiting to hear from 3 other schools??

Well, I'm just guessing, since this isn't me you are talking about, but:

The two interviews resulted in 1 waitlist and 1 rejection.

That 1 rejection is included in the 5 rejections, making the total 5 rejections and 1 waitlist, or 6 total, out of 9. :)

Just got another rejection letter today from WCU... pretty bummed out about that one. I go to Undergrad at WCU and thought I would have a shot :( .... Really becoming discouraged about this but trying to keep my head up.

Just got another rejection letter today from WCU... pretty bummed out about that one. I go to Undergrad at WCU and thought I would have a shot :( .... Really becoming discouraged about this but trying to keep my head up.

Sorry to hear about that, jlconner2. Do you have any other schools yet that you haven't heard from?

Never give up hope! There is always next year, at the very least. (Not much of an assurance, I know, but I keep telling myself the same thing, because, heck, what else can you do...?)

Thanks AbbaZabba. Yes I still have a few other schools to hear back from. I am also waitlisted at two other schools (I am not to sure about those though because UTC places Everyone that meets their requirements on the waitlist). I am trying to stay positive but it's hard. I am not going to give up though and if I don't get in this year I will for sure apply again next year. I want to be a physical therapist more than anything. I just wish I knew what to do to improve my application more. I know my GRE has killed me so I will be taking that multiple times until I get a score that seems acceptable!!! (not sure what that score would be yet but I am sure I will figure it out!!)

I'm sorry to hear if you are having a hard time. I would like to make a suggestion to those of you who are on a wait list. You may have heard this already, but you don't have to just sit and wait. The order of people on that list is not set in stone for most schools. You can send additional letters of rec, send letters letting the school know that you are still very interested in attending, how you are passionate about PT, what you can add to their school and updates on any new experiences that you have had etc, etc. They are more likely to accept you if they know that you are serious about their school and will take the effort to demonstrate it. I have a friend who is applying to nursing school and took the initiative to set up a meeting with a professor involved heavily in admissions after she was waitlisted. It is TBD if she gets in or not but it certainly helped her chances!

Just some food for thought!

I applied to USA in November and found out in jan that I had been wait listed. The more I find out that I completely ****ed up my first two years of college , the more it depresses me. It wasn't like this in high school. I knew I needed college so I graduated with 3.9 gpa. And even though I didn't know for the first half of college, I did know for the second half that pt is my life. Even after busting balls the last two and a half years of college and waiting everyday for 3 months only thinking about getting accepted is killingme. It is super depressing to know that I made A's in the harder classes in college but I made horrible grades earlier on and many of those were pre reqs. Going BACK to the same college that I just graduated to retake freshman / sophomore classes is a complete mental setback for me. Utterly disappointing how important gpa is

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app I will accept any pt school at this point. I cannot sleep

Hey y'all -- :D

I'm one of the unlucky ones who didn't get into any schools this year and will be reapplying next year, but I love this profession with all my heart and I'm staying positive about my chances next year.

I applied to five schools this cycle and was flat out rejected at four. A big part of that was simply because I had several prerequisites to finish.

I received an interview invite to one school and had a FANTASTIC interview, only to find out that the program (which is not yet accredited) will be delayed until June 2013, and I'll have to start from square one and go through the application process all over again next spring. :thumbdown:

These last few months have been the most RIDICULOUS emotional roller coaster, but I'm really enthusiastic about my chances next year. I'm finishing up my pre-requisites and retaking a few classes, and I'm doing really well in all of them. This is going to sound redundant but don't give up hope! Anything worth having is never easy! Every time I'm exhausted from staying up late studying for a chemistry or physics test, I always ask myself, "how bad do you want this?" It helps me get my mind right and stay focused. We all know this is going to be worth it, it can just really get you down sometimes. We're all in this together, keep your head up!

For those curious about my stats:

University of Louisville
BS in Exercise Physiology 2009
Cumulative GPA: 3.4
Core GPA: 3.1
GRE: 154 Verbal, 150 Quant
Observation:
2000+ hours in outpatient orthopedic rehab (full-time PT tech for almost two years, AMAZING experience!)
Other hours in peds, acute care, SNFs ~60
Extracurriculars:
U of L women's club lacrosse team, middle school lacrosse coach, youth lacrosse umpire. U of L Marching Band color guard section leader

What pre-reqs did you have left if you don't mind me asking? Most schools are ok with 2 to 3 left in the last spring semester and now I am starting to worry about mine.

What pre-reqs did you have left if you don't mind me asking? Most schools are ok with 2 to 3 left in the last spring semester and now I am starting to worry about mine.

I am currently finishing four pre-requisites:

Physics II Lab
Chemistry I
A&P Lab
Anatomy II

U of L is a little different since they don't make you register for the lecture and lab at the same time. The labs are COMPLETELY independent of the lectures.

Evansville, Bellarmine and UK all told me flat out that since I didn't have my pre-reqs finished that I wasn't even considered due to the volume of applicants they had. Competition just gets tougher every year.