Acceptances = NO MOTIVATION

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocVaquero

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here I am, attempting to study for my Physics II exam, finding it completely pointless now that I'm accepted.

Finally get to use the engineers' mentality.. #C'sgetdegrees

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Finish strong! You never know when something you learn in a class might come up again someday. Also, for bragging rights. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
So here I am, attempting to study for my Physics II exam, finding it completely pointless now that I'm accepted.

Pretty sure that's a business major mentality.

Reactions: 3 users
Lol don't you have any motivations outside of school? Do something crazy!

Netflix crew checking in

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That too.

The engineers at my school don't care about grades, just passing and getting internships.
In dental school right before a big exam, we tell each other two things:

1. Cs get degrees
2. What do you call a person who graduates last in your dental school class?

Here's the problem with passing with just C's. You never know until you actually start dschool if dentistry is for you. There are people every year who find out that dentistry isn't for them or what they anticipated. By accepting just passing grades, you lower your GPA and make it more difficult to get into another program like med school, pharmacy, etc should you decide to drop out of dschool. I never thought I'd drop out of dental school in my 2nd yr. I did. Had I decided to take it easy that last semester of undergrad, I might not have got into dschool the 2nd time. Just saying.

Don't give up at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Here's the problem with passing with just C's. You never know until you actually start dschool if dentistry is for you. There are people every year who find out that dentistry isn't for them or what they anticipated. By accepting just passing grades, you lower your GPA and make it more difficult to get into another program like med school, pharmacy, etc should you decide to drop out of dschool. I never thought I'd drop out of dental school in my 2nd yr. I did. Had I decided to take it easy that last semester of undergrad, I might not have got into dschool the 2nd time. Just saying.

True true, didn't think from this perspective....but wouldn't they be more concern about dropping out of a professional program?

I was being pretty facetious with the whole thread. I still did well on my test because that's just my personality.

I was being pretty facetious with the whole thread. I still did well on my test because that's just my personality.

I've been on here for years. This actually happens all the time, or at least people say they do. My whole point is if anyone here is considering it, don't do it because it can bite you in the butt in the long run.

True true, didn't think from this perspective....but wouldn't they be more concern about dropping out of a professional program?

I can't speak for adcoms other than in my case. No matter what, GPA is always a major factor. Unless you have a rock star GPA, letting drop just because you don't care anymore is not the best thing to do.

Acceptances are contingent on passing grades for prereqs.

Probably not on a lot of people's radar, but I'm told that for admission into 6-year OMS programs, the med school looks back at your undergrad grades to make sure you pass muster

Probably not on a lot of people's radar, but I'm told that for admission into 6-year OMS programs, the med school looks back at your undergrad grades to make sure you pass muster
Good.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm ok with this. Hopefully they don't look at the DAT though.:hungover:

Glad to learn I'm not the only one slacking! Thank god I'm only taking 2 Spanish classes this semester!

I'm definitely going to see my family in Europe. Work and school are going on the back burner.

I am a citizen of the EU and haven't seen my family for almost ten years. I can't be any happier to see them.

Last edited:
Doc ... he did hash tag #C'sgetdegrees. Whether he was just bored or serious, he wasn't condoning failing all together.
Mostly bored. I was trying to justify why one must take physics to be a dentist and arrived to the conclusion that it's just another weed out class to make pre-health students miserable.

Mostly bored. I was trying to justify why one must take physics to be a dentist and arrived to the conclusion that it's just another weed out class to make pre-health students miserable.
You do realize that all courses fit nicely under a Bell Curve.?.

I though I would have that mentality post acceptance but now that it actually happened I can't seem to let my gpa drop. I just pulled an all nigher for biochem 2 on Thursday, one of the four classes i'm taking post graduation (bio degree) because dental schools "recommended them." It's just not in me to have that screw it mentality. Although I have noticed I have started cussing more because of all those damn structures. Amino acid catabolism sucks!!!

I though I would have that mentality post acceptance but now that it actually happened I can't seem to let my gpa drop. I just pulled an all nigher for biochem 2 on Thursday, one of the four classes i'm taking post graduation (bio degree) because dental schools "recommended them." It's just not in me to have that screw it mentality. Although I have noticed I have started cussing more because of all those damn structures. Amino acid catabolism sucks!!!
Good times :rofl: