Acceptances to Washington University in St. Louis or UIC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

octh123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Has anyone heard back from Washington University in St. Louis or University of Illinois Chicago? If so... what are your stats? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to both of those as well and haven't heard anything back either. Let's hope that just means they haven't sent any responses out yet!

Best of luck to both of you!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted to Wash U in St. Louis. The OTCAS website said that they weren't doing rolling admissions this year but my acceptance letter was dated 1/27/12 - weird.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations, Dancer2OT!! When did you apply to Wash U? ...(when was your app submitted)

Last edited:
thanks! I submitted my OTCAS application in Novembe, but they didn't receeive my GRE scores until early January because I had to resubmit them because for some reason they never received them the first time I sent them.

I submitted on Dec 1st and heard back from both schools in mid-January. I've decided to go elsewhere though. Even if they aren't doing rolling admissions per se, I think they might release decisions in batches. That said, it's definitely still early. I remember reading that they'll make decisions by around March 15th? UIC told me by e-mail first, WashU by regular postal mail.

I think UIC is definitely admitting in batches as I haven't been admitted or rejected yet (but I see that a lot of you already have...)?

I think UIC is definitely admitting in batches as I haven't been admitted or rejected yet (but I see that a lot of you already have...)?

I called them, they are doing their next rounds of decisions February 13th and a final one in early March.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats OTclassof2014!! I've seen a lot of strong looking applicants already rejected, so you must have been a really great applicant.

I thought UIC was notifying through e-mail, but did you get a letter in the mail? I'm curious because I don't spend much time at my "'permanent address" so I have to rely on someone else to check for these things for me! Thanks for you help.

copy/paste from the stickies - Cheers.

Originally Posted by OTdude13
University: University of California Irvine
Major: Neurobiology. Minor: Russian Studies
Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9
GRE:1240. 640v 600math 4writing

Extra-Curric: Biggest things. 2.5 yr, ER research at UCI-1 publication, 2 fellowships/grants. Medical mission fellowship 1 month china, 3 years leading pre-health club. Bio tutor. 1 year paid medical scribe at a childrens hospital for pediatric cardiology (where I came across OTs!!!!) 150 hrs exp at OT clinic (child and youth). 2 yrs with nonprofit providing summer camp to kids with disabilities.
Currently co-founding own nonprofit with colleagues. Graduated cum laude, with honors. Phi beta kappa.
*Plan for completing the DOT program after Masters.
*I took 5 years to graduate, worked as a scribe for a year before applying. I'm 24. Used to be pre med before working with my nonprofit.
HAD A D+ on transcript in math, don't worry if you have some low marks!
PM me if you have any qs, love to help.
Acceptances:
University of Southern California early decision - attending
Additional Acceptances: Washington University St. Louis. University of Illinois at Chicago. Virginia Commonwealth University. University of Pittsburgh.
Waiting on: University of Washington.

Just to be clear I was accepted to WU St. Louis. Didn't apply to UI.

Just received an acceptance letter from Wash U! So happy!

Here are my stats:
University: Trinity University
Major: Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.7
GRE: 70% percentile, new GRE format

Have managed a group home for folks with autism for the past 3.5 years. 240 observation hours with OT and speech path. Owner of own crafting company

Volunteer: Foster home for dogs for 3 years, volunteered in canine rescue, was an intern at an Austin, TX music tv station, volunteered with miniature horses at an animal-assisted therapy organization

Applied: Wash U in St. Louis, UIC, U Pitt, East Carolina, MUSC, Winston-Salem, Rush U.

Acceptances: Wash U in St. Louis

Waitlisted: Rush U

Rejections:

Got a rejection letter from UIC today. It said there were over 500 applicants for 38 spots and the average GPA was 3.7 for last 60 credits, and a minimum of the 60th percentile for GRE,

Waiting to hear back from all of these schools is the most recent test of my patience! Fortunately, it's warming up outside and I can distract myself with the outdoors instead of running home to the mailbox like it's going to spit out a million dollars everyday.

Anyway, here are my stats and update:

University: Northwestern University / Oregon State University (started a masters program)
Major: Psychology & Studio Art / Interior Design
Overall GPA: 3.0 / 4.0 (I even had a D and an F [!!!] in my undergrad)(but I can write a pretty killer personal statement to make up for it!)
Pre-Req GPA: Not sure, about a 3.7?
GRE: 690 verbal, 630 quantitative, 5.0 writing (old version)

Extra-Curric:
3 years events volunteer with LBFE (nonprofit for elderly without support networks), Gerontology Student Association at Oregon State (graduate student representative), started masters program with research thesis focused on interior design and architecture for geriatrics (focus on design for dementia, aging in place efforts), current position for 1 year as research assistant for clinical psychiatry research (Alzheimer's, depression)

Volunteer:
20hrs sub-acute nursing home (loved it - geriatrics is my favorite :p)
20hrs pediatrics (3 classrooms, ~15students each, all with ortho/neuro disabilities)
10hrs hand therapy (not my favorite - abnormal psych is more stimulating for me, I think)

Applied: UIC, Boston University, Columbia, NYU, WashU, Temple

Acceptances: NYU (heard back via email yesterday, March 6th)

Rejections: Boston University (heard back via snail mail, March 3rd)

Haven't heard back from the other 4, but hopefully this means they are still considering me for the last wave since I haven't gotten rejected yet ... crossing fingers. I guess it doesn't matter - NYU was my top choice anyway, since I am originally from New York and finally came back after 10 years of living out west. I will just wait to hear back from the other schools because my deposit isn't due until April 15th anyway ...

Good luck everyone :) Can't wait to meet some of you as my future classmates in a few short months!

I finally heard from UIC today, I was accepted! The $$$ is way better than NYU by a boatload, it saves me many years of stress and anxiety down the road -- moving back to Chicago seems very appealing all of a sudden, bu I have a couple of weeks to decide.

I've been thinking the same thing J24H- what a practice in patience!

Like you, I am also still waiting to hear from UIC...they have been the WORST in terms of waiting to hear back! Luckily, I just found out I was accepted to Tufts so it takes off some pressure.

Good luck!

Me too! Unfortunately since I'm out out state, it's actually the MOST expensive program for me. I'm most likely going to turn down the offer, but still unsure. Congrats on your acceptance :)

I finally heard from UIC today, I was accepted! The $$$ is way better than NYU by a boatload, it saves me many years of stress and anxiety down the road -- moving back to Chicago seems very appealing all of a sudden, bu I have a couple of weeks to decide.

Just got into Washington University in St. Louis!! SO excited :)
Does anyone know how much it costs? I'm having a hard time finding a tuition amount on their website. I'm from California and thinking about moving across country.. yikes!

Just got into Washington University in St. Louis!! SO excited :)
Does anyone know how much it costs? I'm having a hard time finding a tuition amount on their website. I'm from California and thinking about moving across country.. yikes!

It took us a while to find out, but they recently changed their site:

http://ot.wustl.edu/ot/otweb.nsf/6c...f5011434692cbecb862572ff0073f4ed?OpenDocument

Masters: http://wumsfinaid.wustl.edu/admissions/faweb.nsf/WV/35F04DD3C526FFC786257242006814AF?OpenDocument

OTD: http://wumsfinaid.wustl.edu/admissions/faweb.nsf/WV/36A17CC8C48856208625724200682281?OpenDocument

Got a rejection letter from UIC today. It said there were over 500 applicants for 38 spots and the average GPA was 3.7 for last 60 credits, and a minimum of the 60th percentile for GRE,

Thanks for putting this up, I am not from the Midwest area but I am interested in Chicago's OT program

were you accepted to University of Washington Seattle?

copy/paste from the stickies - Cheers.

Originally Posted by OTdude13
University: University of California Irvine
Major: Neurobiology. Minor: Russian Studies
Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9
GRE:1240. 640v 600math 4writing

Extra-Curric: Biggest things. 2.5 yr, ER research at UCI-1 publication, 2 fellowships/grants. Medical mission fellowship 1 month china, 3 years leading pre-health club. Bio tutor. 1 year paid medical scribe at a childrens hospital for pediatric cardiology (where I came across OTs!!!!) 150 hrs exp at OT clinic (child and youth). 2 yrs with nonprofit providing summer camp to kids with disabilities.
Currently co-founding own nonprofit with colleagues. Graduated cum laude, with honors. Phi beta kappa.
*Plan for completing the DOT program after Masters.
*I took 5 years to graduate, worked as a scribe for a year before applying. I'm 24. Used to be pre med before working with my nonprofit.
HAD A D+ on transcript in math, don't worry if you have some low marks!
PM me if you have any qs, love to help.
Acceptances:
University of Southern California early decision - attending
Additional Acceptances: Washington University St. Louis. University of Illinois at Chicago. Virginia Commonwealth University. University of Pittsburgh.
Waiting on: University of Washington.

Were You accepted to UW Seattle ?