Acceptances without LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Podman16

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm interviewing this weekend at a couple of schools and I was wondering if anybody has been accepted this cycle to a school without having their letters in yet? I was wondering if it would make a big difference that mine aren't in yet? I'm getting kind of nervous and hoping that the fact they aren't in won't hurt my chances of getting an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

To my knowledge they can still interview you without letters, but won't give you a decision until you get your letters in

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted at DMU without any letters in.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm interviewing this weekend at a couple of schools and I was wondering if anybody has been accepted this cycle to a school without having their letters in yet? I was wondering if it would make a big difference that mine aren't in yet? I'm getting kind of nervous and hoping that the fact they aren't in won't hurt my chances of getting an acceptance.
It's really up to the discretion of the those admitting you and the policy of the school. Azpod doesn't require admissions letters. And when I had a one on one with the dean I asked him why this was and he told me that those letters tend to be cut and dry with the same stuff being said for every applicant. He also said it doesn't hurt to submit them and they do look at them if you do, and if the letter is really superb and stands out, then it might help you. As jpmiz said, he was accepted without any LOR. If I was you I would still make sure to get them in, but you could possibly be fine without.

Thanks guys! I've asked them to write them with ample time, they are just taking awhile and it has me nervous as I will be interviewing shortly!