Accepted but accidently omitted a transcript on primary application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biohazard86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I posted this on an old thread but only got one response and now I'm freaking out. I was recently accepted to a DO program and they want their own copies of all my transcripts. I omitted one of my transcripts on my primary because I thought I didn't have to turn it in since I was only enrolled in 1 class, in which I withdrew and received a "W" in which didn't earn me any credits. Now that I'm accepted and they expect all my transcripts, I'm worried that they might think I purposefully omitted that transcript although it was an elective class that didn't even matter that I ended up taking later at a different college anyways. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? I would really hate to lose this acceptance over something like this. Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,
I posted this on an old thread but only got one response and now I'm freaking out. I was recently accepted to a DO program and they want their own copies of all my transcripts. I omitted one of my transcripts on my primary because I thought I didn't have to turn it in since I was only enrolled in 1 class, in which I withdrew and received a "W" in which didn't earn me any credits. Now that I'm accepted and they expect all my transcripts, I'm worried that they might think I purposefully omitted that transcript although it was an elective class that didn't even matter that I ended up taking later at a different college anyways. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? I would really hate to lose this acceptance over something like this. Thanks for your input.

I think honesty is your best bet. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal so I doubt your school will cry foul, but I wouldn't run the risk of trying to just slide the transcript in. Talk to one of your school's admission counselors

Call the school's admissions office and ask (anonymously if you'd like); they'll be able to give you the best information (and more importantly, the only information that matters).

Members don't see this ad :)
I think honesty is your best bet. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal so I doubt your school will cry foul, but I wouldn't run the risk of trying to just slide the transcript in. Talk to one of your school's admission counselors

Agreed.

Yea, I guess I'll just give them a call and explain it to them on Monday. Hopefully its not a big deal and they are forgiving.

Yea, I guess I'll just give them a call and explain it to them on Monday. Hopefully its not a big deal and they are forgiving.
It's the best move. That way you won't spend the next four years wondering whether they'll kick you out if they find out.

Just tell them. Honesty does a lot of good in these situations. Theres a good chance they will understand your mistake and not punish you.

Thanks everyone for your responses! Just called them a few hours ago, they said it was no problem at all, especially since it was just a "W" and nothing that would impact my gpa. I just have to submit it so they can have the record.

Thanks everyone for your responses! Just called them a few hours ago, they said it was no problem at all, especially since it was just a "W" and nothing that would impact my gpa. I just have to submit it so they can have the record.

i'm glad :D

That's probably a big weight off your shoulders

We are all just anal retentive. Some people hide cocaine use and felonies so your W is pretty insignificant in comparison!