Accepted --- Can I drop my classes now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

datmachine

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can drop my spring classes or even make them pass/fail if I am already accepted? I am still waiting to hear from other schools, but was wondering if they might have a problem with me doing this.

Members don't see this ad.

You can always call up the school and ask. I actually dropped my classes halfway through, as well, when I didn't even have an acceptance. But, then, those were just 3 classes for a minor. I still have my Bachelors degree. I took up a job instead. I suppose it's OK to drop them as long as they don't include any pre requisites and you're getting a degree towards the end (provided that your school needs a degree before enrollment).

Did you tell them you were going to take those classes? Are they pre req's? Do you need to take them to get a degree which you told the d-schools you were going to get? If the answer is no, I don't really see why not.

Members don't see this ad :)
I already have a degree and was planning to take these upper division bio classes as for back up if I did not get accepted. If I end up not dropping the courses, will my acceptance be affected if I make a C or D in the course?

Btw, I will definately call the school to make sure what I can/can't do, but I just wanted to know if anyone else dealt with the same situation.

Yeah Just stay Full Time!!!!!!

Have you heard of dental schools taking away your acceptance if you make a C?

If you have an acceptance, and end up in some sort of trouble, fight for your case. Don't just sit there and take whatever comes your way. Try to do some lobbying; it happens in all fields of life, and if you know how to do it, you're set.

Does anyone know if I can drop my spring classes or even make them pass/fail if I am already accepted? I am still waiting to hear from other schools, but was wondering if they might have a problem with me doing this.

haha yeah, i feel the same way. i signed up for courses just in case (schools have no idea i started taking courses b/c app was submitted in June). Now I am in and just don't want to put the work in. plus I mean there is always a risk for a bad grade. i guess i'm going to suck it up and just hammer it out. nothing to do about it now