Accepted for Nova Southeastern-Tampa DPT 2015 Program!! Any questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

memeDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was accepted earlier this week (9/16/14) for a position in Nova Southeastern DPT program at the Tampa location. This is a hybrid program that starts May 26th, 2015. You are on campus 4 days of the month and the rest is online. I posted this not to brag but to see if any one had any questions about my application process or about applying for DPT schools in general. The only thing I am not allowed to share is actual questions asked to me in my interview. Sorry :( Any other questions or comments?

Members don't see this ad.

Already? They told me in October :(. Congratulations!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I applied there, too! If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

Hi everyone! I was accepted earlier this week (9/16/14) for a position in Nova Southeastern DPT program at the Tampa location. This is a hybrid program that starts May 26th, 2015. You are on campus 4 days of the month and the rest is online. I posted this not to brag but to see if any one had any questions about my application process or about applying for DPT schools in general. The only thing I am not allowed to share is actual questions asked to me in my interview. Sorry :( Any other questions or comments?

When did you interview? I just interviewed now lol.

3.5 cgpa
3.6 prereqgpa

241 hours at 6 locations.

you?

My stats aren't great :/
GPA- 3.58
Prereq GPA- 3.28 (got Cs in chem 1 and 2--could not master that class. physics1/2 in progress, though, so can go up)
175 hrs, 4 locations, two states.

Slightly freaking out

Y
My stats aren't great :/
GPA- 3.58
Prereq GPA- 3.28 (got Cs in chem 1 and 2--could not master that class. physics1/2 in progress, though, so can go up)
175 hrs, 4 locations, two states.

Slightly freaking out

Yeah me to. I got an interview just now but I feel like I did ok, not bad or good. I am freaking out as well :(

Y

Yeah me to. I got an interview just now but I feel like I did ok, not bad or good. I am freaking out as well :(
I hope you did well! Don't stress too much; at least you got an interview :). Ptcas just verified my app, so I don't know when I should be expecting any kind of news.

I hope you did well! Don't stress too much; at least you got an interview :). Ptcas just verified my app, so I don't know when I should be expecting any kind of news.

Thank you for your word of encouragement! She told me it would take a month to hear back. So we will see.

I had a phone interview on Monday and got an email on Tuesday that I was accepted. I will most likely be turning down my acceptance and attending a different program, so that will be a spot that opens up for someone else. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
I had a phone interview on Monday and got an email on Tuesday that I was accepted. I will most likely be turning down my acceptance and attending a different program, so that will be a spot that opens up for someone else. Good luck to everyone.

How did you think you did during the interview?

Overall I thought it went well. I was surprised I heard back so quickly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Already? They told me in October :(. Congratulations!
I interviewed 9/15 and found out 9/16. I hope you get the opportunity as well. Keep me posted!!! I hope you hear back sooner. How you think you did?

Congrats! I applied there, too! If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?
My stats aren't admirable at all actually. I have a 3.53 overall, I think like a 3.38 science. 95 PT hrs of observation. GRE: Verb: 146, Quant: 148 Writing: 4.0. I did have directors review my personal statement and I have 10 achievement awards and over thousands of hours of general volunteer. I am honestly blessed that I was awarded this opportunity because my stats aren't the greatest. I tried to upload the acceptance letter on here but for some reason my computer isn't allowing me to.

My stats aren't admirable at all actually. I have a 3.53 overall, I think like a 3.38 science. 95 PT hrs of observation. GRE: Verb: 146, Quant: 148 Writing: 4.0. I did have directors review my personal statement and I have 10 achievement awards and over thousands of hours of general volunteer. I am honestly blessed that I was awarded this opportunity because my stats aren't the greatest. I tried to upload the acceptance letter on here but for some reason my computer isn't allowing me to.

A million congrats to you! Our stats are similar, as I also have a bunch of volunteer hours plus research experience. Thanks for giving me some hope. How long after you submitted your app did you hear anything back?

Also, when did you submit your app?

It took me about a good 3 weeks for PTCAS to verify everything and send the info over to the schools I applied for. NSU was the only school I have heard back form so far. I also applied to Central Michigan (where I am currently), Nova Southeastern-Ft. Lauderdale and West Coast University. I made sure I applied to schools I actually had a good chance of getting into. I officially accepted my position with Nova- Tampa and submitted the $1000 deposit today since that is my #1 choice!

A million congrats to you! Our stats are similar, as I also have a bunch of volunteer hours plus research experience. Thanks for giving me some hope. How long after you submitted your app did you hear anything back?
Aww good!! This was the whole point of me posting this because I know I'm not the only one who didn't do hot on the GRE and don't have 300+ obs hours. I submitted all of my materials to PTCAS the first week of August, it arrived to the schools the last week of August. I called to check the status of my application around Sept. 6th. Called me for my interview Sept 15th. Accepted Sept 16th.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-16-23-24-33.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-16-23-24-33.png
    326.7 KB · Views: 131
That's awesome:). I hope I'll be as fortunate :)

My app just got verified yesterday, so I'm sure I have a while before hearing anything :/

I interviewed 9/15 and found out 9/16. I hope you get the opportunity as well. Keep me posted!!! I hope you hear back sooner. How you think you did?

It was an ok interview. I thought I could have done better, but since I was in the middle of running on my treadmill, it was unexpected so I was a bit surprised. I hope I did well in their eyes!

Whoever interviewed today September 19, 2014 (Friday). Lets be update buddies!

When did you guys get the supplemental application for nova after submitting the common app in ptcas? It says instructions for the supplemental app will be available on ptcas once the general app is received.

Still no word...was there anyone interviewed on Friday 9/19?

When did you guys get the supplemental application for nova after submitting the common app in ptcas? It says instructions for the supplemental app will be available on ptcas once the general app is received.

I never received the supplemental app to be honest. I found it online and filled it out. I typed Nova DPT in Google. I went to PHD pt program on right. I clicked the first link. It says like application or something. I signed up and selected dpt hybrid entry level. Completed all the questions on there and then there was a link to pay at the end. I got an email saying my supp application was complete. I was able to find it through the PHD program because all programs use the same application.

I actually just got the email this morning :)

Got wait listed...I knew it!
Hmmm....how was your GRE? Also what classes do you have left to take? Have you taken all the prereqs for the school and do they all count? How many references do you have and from who? Is Nova one of your top schools? Who interviewed you?

I actually just got the email this morning :)
Oh great!! I just posted a video on youtube that may be helpful to you. It's called "Doctor of Physical Therapy Prog 2015 Acceptance" Feel free to check it out.

Hmmm....how was your GRE? Also what classes do you have left to take? Have you taken all the prereqs for the school and do they all count? How many references do you have and from who? Is Nova one of your top schools? Who interviewed you?

I have a combined score of 282 of GRE. No prerequisite left and 4 references from 2 PTs and 2 professors. Some lady that was strict and she was monotone the whole conversation. I did ok not good or bad in the interview and that may contribute to my wait list status. Thank goodness my other number 1 is St Augustine and I did a fantastic job in that interview.

Has anyone hear anything from their onsite DPT program yet? My application was complete in Early August, including supplemental material etc.

Has anyone hear anything from their onsite DPT program yet? My application was complete in Early August, including supplemental material etc.

We won't hear until November that's what Tony Garcia told me

Im from Tampa. Its definitely solid. Good cost of living. I just recently decided on PT. Saw a lot of people who were working and in the hybrid program....many were aides in acute care....not stressful at all (probably a good thing while in school). Good luck with everything.

I have a combined score of 282 of GRE. No prerequisite left and 4 references from 2 PTs and 2 professors. Some lady that was strict and she was monotone the whole conversation. I did ok not good or bad in the interview and that may contribute to my wait list status. Thank goodness my other number 1 is St Augustine and I did a fantastic job in that interview.
Awww thats great. I hope you get into St. Augustine!!! That's a popular school. My lady laughed and was super chill the whole time. Thats so weird. The reason I asked is because I thought one person may have done them all. Now idk.

I got accepted as well. Unfortunately, the 2 week deadline for the $1000 fee is killing me. I don't want to lose my place in the class. I'm wondering if I can pay the deposit but (if UCF accepts me - it's closer to home and the cost of living would be a huge help) can rescind the offer even after I pay the fee?

Last edited:
I got accepted as well. Unfortunately, the 2 week deadline for the $1000 fee is killing me. I don't want to lose my place in the class. I'm wondering if I can pay the deposit but (if UCF accepts me - it's closer to home and the cost of living would be a huge help) can rescind the offer even after I pay the fee?
You have to pay to reserve your spot. You don't have to go there if you accept. You just wont get back your $1000 deposit so be thinking about it and be sure if that's what you really want to do. Let me know if you decide you are going for sure :) Also you may want to hold up on sending back in your acceptance letter just in case you don't decide to go.

You can pay it and still choose to go to another program but the $1000 is non-refundable.

Once yall get accepted and going to the school go join "NSU Tampa DPT class of 2019" on Facebook!

Hi memeDPT, congrats!
Since you said Nova was your first choice, I was wondering if you thought or worried at all about the program being hybrid- that potential employers might see it as not quite as good (like a U of Phoenix type school) as others? Or that we don't have board passage or employments stats for a graduating class yet? Just some things I've been thinking of, since I'm considering it too...
Thanks!

Hi memeDPT, congrats!
Since you said Nova was your first choice, I was wondering if you thought or worried at all about the program being hybrid- that potential employers might see it as not quite as good (like a U of Phoenix type school) as others? Or that we don't have board passage or employments stats for a graduating class yet? Just some things I've been thinking of, since I'm considering it too...
Thanks!

It is something I have thought about for sure but since the main campus is so credible and well known I guess I just want to take my chances. This hybrid program will also be more at my pace. I cant wait to see the results of the outgoing class of 2015. I am also hoping that with the experimental classes alot of things have change for the better and needs of students were met. I hope students felt prepared to go out and practice on their own. Really great points.

Aww good!! This was the whole point of me posting this because I know I'm not the only one who didn't do hot on the GRE and don't have 300+ obs hours. I submitted all of my materials to PTCAS the first week of August, it arrived to the schools the last week of August. I called to check the status of my application around Sept. 6th. Called me for my interview Sept 15th. Accepted Sept 16th.

Thank you for posting! My stats look a lot like yours so this really gives me some hope! Congrats! I applied to the Ft. Lauderdale program only though

It is something I have thought about for sure but since the main campus is so credible and well known I guess I just want to take my chances. This hybrid program will also be more at my pace. I cant wait to see the results of the outgoing class of 2015. I am also hoping that with the experimental classes alot of things have change for the better and needs of students were met. I hope students felt prepared to go out and practice on their own. Really great points.

Hi memeDPT, Thanks for your thoughts. I totally agree with you about the pace of it, and the credibility of the main campus. What are the experimental classes you're referring to? Do you just mean that the school would have have ironed out the wrinkles over the past 4 years of the program's existence? I don't know, there's a lot I like about it, I'm just nervous...

Thank you for posting! My stats look a lot like yours so this really gives me some hope! Congrats! I applied to the Ft. Lauderdale program only though
Good. That was my whole point of posting because if I can do it then you can too! I'm on hold status for the main campus in case you were wondering. They sent me a letter in the mail last week. The called me and told me I still have stuff to turn in which is untrue because I wouldnt have been accepted for hybrid, so Idk.

Hi memeDPT, Thanks for your thoughts. I totally agree with you about the pace of it, and the credibility of the main campus. What are the experimental classes you're referring to? Do you just mean that the school would have have ironed out the wrinkles over the past 4 years of the program's existence? I don't know, there's a lot I like about it, I'm just nervous...
That's exactly what I mean. Im excoted to see the stats of the first class to become borad certified and to learn the challenges they have faced throughout the years. Im sure there are current students we could get in contact with. There is a facebook group of current dpt students. Maybe you can ask them. I am slightly nervous too because all those things have crossed my mind. I'm a great studier but a little nervous I wont be able to teach myself material really well and I wont be able to get as much help from professors as I would if I was on campus.

Good. That was my whole point of posting because if I can do it then you can too! I'm on hold status for the main campus in case you were wondering. They sent me a letter in the mail last week. The called me and told me I still have stuff to turn in which is untrue because I wouldnt have been accepted for hybrid, so Idk.

@memeDPT If you don't mind me asking, what "stuff" were you supposedly missing or needed to be turned in? If so, does that mean that you will likely be accepted to the main campus once they are turned in?

@memeDPT If you don't mind me asking, what "stuff" were you supposedly missing or needed to be turned in? If so, does that mean that you will likely be accepted to the main campus once they are turned in?

I doubt it because my stats are average plus I already accepted my position in the Hybrid class. I think all it means is that they can fully review it once materials are all in. I emailed someone about it today to check the status of my application again.

I had an interview today for the hybrid program...We'll see what happens!