Accepted for Nova Southeastern-Tampa DPT 2015 Program!! Any questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had an interview today for the hybrid program...We'll see what happens!

How long did it take them to review your application? I got an email 10/15 from the admissions coordinator saying my application was being sent to be reviewed

also how long did everyones interviews last?

Members don't see this ad.

How long did it take them to review your application? I got an email 10/15 from the admissions coordinator saying my application was being sent to be reviewed

My interview was about 30-35 mins.

hello! i just filled out the supplemental app yesterday so about how long did yall wait to hear back after the supplemental app was filled out? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi! So, ptcas verified my application in the middle of September. I completed the supplemental application on September 29 (the day I received the link from them). I got called for the interview on October 16th, so about 2-3 weeks after they received everything. My interview lasted a half hour. The faculty member I spoke to was very kind and easy to talk to; don't worry!

I have not heard anything back yet. I would assume within another 2 weeks I will.

Good luck to all!

Reactions: 1 user
ahh ok gotcha! thanks! did you have mediocre stats? and when they called you did they do the interview then or you scheduled it for a later date? as everyone else is, im just hoping for an interview to get to show them about myself and for me to learn more about the school! good luck to you!

ahh ok gotcha! thanks! did you have mediocre stats? and when they called you did they do the interview then or you scheduled it for a later date? as everyone else is, im just hoping for an interview to get to show them about myself and for me to learn more about the school! good luck to you!

My stats:.
Overall GPA: 3.5
Prerequisite GPA (ptcas): 3.28

GRE; Q: 148 V: 153 A: 4

~175 observation hours. All outpatient, but varied settings. Ortho, pediatric, & geriatric.

They actually called me as I was walking to class, so I asked to reschedule 2 hours later. I'm sure they'll understand if you have class or work. I got the first call at 1pm my time, so 2pm Florida time.

I understand how you feel. Don't worry too much. If you don't get a call from them, that doesn't mean you won't get a call from another school! But, I do hope you get the chance to interview. Best of luck to you :)

That's awesome! my stats are similar:

Overall GPA: 3.2
Prerequisite GPA (ptcas): 3.3

GRE; Q: 147 V: 154 A: 4.5

I have some pediatric inpatient, sub acute, and outpatient about 150 total so I don't know! ha
I am assuming that each school calculates their own prereq GPA? That's crazy you rescheduled 2 hours later. I'm sure that was the ONLY thing on your mind. But yeah whatever happens, happens. No point in stressing!

That's awesome! my stats are similar:

Overall GPA: 3.2
Prerequisite GPA (ptcas): 3.3

GRE; Q: 147 V: 154 A: 4.5

I have some pediatric inpatient, sub acute, and outpatient about 150 total so I don't know! ha
I am assuming that each school calculates their own prereq GPA? That's crazy you rescheduled 2 hours later. I'm sure that was the ONLY thing on your mind. But yeah whatever happens, happens. No point in stressing!

Well, Your stats are very similar! I hope you get a call!

Hahha, yeah. I got the call and, of course, it said "Florida". I assumed it was my uncle calling from work or something, so I answered as I was walking to class. What a surprise it was when I found out it wasn't my uncle! I had a very difficult time focusing, but I had to attend class :/

But anyway, keep us updated! GL!

Well, Your stats are very similar! I hope you get a call!

Hahha, yeah. I got the call and, of course, it said "Florida". I assumed it was my uncle calling from work or something, so I answered as I was walking to class. What a surprise it was when I found out it wasn't my uncle! I had a very difficult time focusing, but I had to attend class :/

But anyway, keep us updated! GL!

Appreciate that. Keep working hard and thanks for answering my questions. I am new to the site ha

Hello all! I just got a call saying that my application had just been sent to the selections committee and they will send me an email and official letter when they make a decision? Does this mean they aren't doing interviews? Also, did anyone else get that call and about how long did it take for you to receive the email? Thanks!

Hello all! I just got a call saying that my application had just been sent to the selections committee and they will send me an email and official letter when they make a decision? Does this mean they aren't doing interviews? Also, did anyone else get that call and about how long did it take for you to receive the email? Thanks!

I got a call on 10/14 saying my application was being sent to admissions to be reviewed and then I got an email following up saying the same thing…haven't heard anything back yet

Gotcha. Yeah I received the follow up email to and I asked the guy and he just said there is no time table so guess we just have to wait. I sucks you have been waiting 2 weeks now though. hopefully you hear something soon!

Gotcha. Yeah I received the follow up email to and I asked the guy and he just said there is no time table so guess we just have to wait. I sucks you have been waiting 2 weeks now though. hopefully you hear something soon!

Ya the waiting does suck lol but october is a busy admissions month for most schools so hopefully they will be getting the word out soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had my interview this morning and will find out in 1-2 weeks what they decide! It lasted almost an hour and I think it went really well so I am crossing my fingers! :):D

I got accepted earlier today and sending my deposit in this weekend!! ayayaya so excited!:):)

I got accepted earlier today and sending my deposit in this weekend!! ayayaya so excited!:):)

Congratulations!!! That is awesome. Don't forget to join the facebook group once you make your deposit. Did it say you were provisionally accepted? Just curious. That's what mine said.

Congratulations!!! That is awesome. Don't forget to join the facebook group once you make your deposit. Did it say you were provisionally accepted? Just curious. That's what mine said.

Whats the link to the Facebook group? did you design one for our class, all i saw was the general fbook group. And yes it did say provisionally accepted but then it said I had to show proof of my transcripts…So i think that it meant if you don't give your deposit or send your official transcripts they won't hold your seat. When eric called me, he said I was accepted not provisionally accepted lol

Just got my rejection letter. I had pretty decent stats so just curious..has anyone been rejected previously and called to figure out why? I am thinking due to rolling admissions I applied late (ptcas sent Oct 21) thanks and congrats to those who have gotten in!

Whats the link to the Facebook group? did you design one for our class, all i saw was the general fbook group. And yes it did say provisionally accepted but then it said I had to show proof of my transcripts…So i think that it meant if you don't give your deposit or send your official transcripts they won't hold your seat. When eric called me, he said I was accepted not provisionally accepted lol

I was accepted into the hybrid program last week. But, because I also got into the Ft. Lauderdale program, I will be giving up my spot for someone who needs the hybrid format more than I do. I hope that opens up a spot for those of you who are waiting! :)

Anyway, @kjd404, the "provisionally accepted" part means you're accepted as long as you graduate/ complete any outstanding prerequisites with a C or higher. But yes, you ARE accepted. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted into the hybrid program last week. But, because I also got into the Ft. Lauderdale program, I will be giving up my spot for someone who needs the hybrid format more than I do. I hope that opens up a spot for those of you who are waiting! :)

Anyway, @kjd404, the "provisionally accepted" part means you're accepted as long as you graduate/ complete any outstanding prerequisites with a C or higher. But yes, you ARE accepted. Hope that helps!

Maybe you will give me a chance since I got wait listed :/

https://m.facebook.com/groups/925356514158393?ref=bookmark

This is the link to the Facebook group. I tried to link from my phone. See if you can access it. If not it's called, "NSU Tampa DPT class of 2019."

Also let me know if you get any emails after you paid the fee. I just got a receipt for paying and that's it.

Last edited:
Jealous! Just applied to the FT. LAUDERDALE campus. I'm guessing their standards are similar. Any advice? 3.7 GPA, 150+ hours of observation in various types of facilities, 288 combined GRE score. Thanks!

Jealous! Just applied to the FT. LAUDERDALE campus. I'm guessing their standards are similar. Any advice? 3.7 GPA, 150+ hours of observation in various types of facilities, 288 combined GRE score. Thanks!
Your stats arent bad at all. Have you heard from Ft. Lauderdale. You have a chance of being accepted there especially if your references and other involvements are there. Nova really looks for well rounded candidates. Have you tried going on a tour and meeting faculty so they can see what kind of person you are? Dont give up hope. There is still time :) Wish you the best.

Your stats arent bad at all. Have you heard from Ft. Lauderdale. You have a chance of being accepted there especially if your references and other involvements are there. Nova really looks for well rounded candidates. Have you tried going on a tour and meeting faculty so they can see what kind of person you are? Dont give up hope. There is still time :) Wish you the best.

Thanks! I was a little nervous about me GRE score. I would visit but I live in NJ! :( Maybe if I do visit, they'll see I'm pretty dedicated lol. When do you start the program?

Thanks! I was a little nervous about me GRE score. I would visit but I live in NJ! :( Maybe if I do visit, they'll see I'm pretty dedicated lol. When do you start the program?

May 26th

Does anyone have the NPTE pass rate and graduation stats for this program? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I'm not sure they're published yet. The first class just graduated, and I was told during my interview that all 14 students who took the test in July passed. (A few planned to take it later). I don't know details on the graduation rate, but was also told that attrition has decreased each year.

The unique format at Nova Tampa had me concerned about success and completion too, but these initial results helped me feel more confident in my decision to proceed. (I start next May!) For what it's worth, I can't speak highly enough about my experience with the Nova folks so far. Everyone has been very responsive and helpful.

I got accepted for May too! The online part of this program concerns me too and also that I couldn't find any kind of pass and graduation stats. But I didn't realize that their first class just graduated. I'm still hoping I get into my top choice schools, but from what I hear, the Tampa location and tuition isn't too bad.

Hi everyone! I was accepted earlier this week (9/16/14) for a position in Nova Southeastern DPT program at the Tampa location. This is a hybrid program that starts May 26th, 2015. You are on campus 4 days of the month and the rest is online. I posted this not to brag but to see if any one had any questions about my application process or about applying for DPT schools in general. The only thing I am not allowed to share is actual questions asked to me in my interview. Sorry :( Any other questions or comments?

Hey! I just got accepted into the NOVA tampa campus for PT! how do you like it??

Hey! I just got accepted into the NOVA tampa campus for PT! how do you like it??
I was also accepted for the 2015 class as well and I know the person who you originally messaged. I love the program it's unique and you will learn a lot. The professors are great and very helpful. Is there anything in particular that you would like to know?

Sent from my 2PS64 using SDN mobile

I was also accepted for the 2015 class as well and I know the person who you originally messaged. I love the program it's unique and you will learn a lot. The professors are great and very helpful. Is there anything in particular that you would like to know?

Sent from my 2PS64 using SDN mobile

Hey! I am also considering Nova and would love to ask a current student a few questions about the hybrid program.

What is the most difficult thing about it/what do students struggle with the most? What are the weekend institutes like? Is there a lot of cramming on those weekends? I'd like to be able to live a (somewhat) balanced life while in PT school - do you think this program allows for that? I know it won't be easy, by any means, and I'm not worried about the online learning... just curious if students are able to balance better and stress less in this program.

I am interested in applying to the NSU Tampa DPT program as well, can anyone give any insight about the program? I've searched endlessly and fell short with only little droplets of information??!

Any information provided would be much appreciated!

Hey! I am also considering Nova and would love to ask a current student a few questions about the hybrid program.

What is the most difficult thing about it/what do students struggle with the most? What are the weekend institutes like? Is there a lot of cramming on those weekends? I'd like to be able to live a (somewhat) balanced life while in PT school - do you think this program allows for that? I know it won't be easy, by any means, and I'm not worried about the online learning... just curious if students are able to balance better and stress less in this program.
Hey I think you also private messaged me these questions and I answered them so let me know if you got them

I am interested in applying to the NSU Tampa DPT program as well, can anyone give any insight about the program? I've searched endlessly and fell short with only little droplets of information??!

Any information provided would be much appreciated!

There is a lot of info on PTCAS about the pre-reqs etc as well as the nova website. Was there anything in particular you wanted to know?

Ok so I've been in the program for just over 2 years. It's tough mentally and you will have to give up time with family and friends sometimes. Yes you can work (most people do part time) and have a family but you really have to know yourself and be able to balance life well. A planner helps a lot. If yoy don't live by and plan to fly in and get a hotel once a month figure out expenses before you do. Financial aid helps a lot with that even if you made need to take out unsubsidized and direct plus loan, it will all be ok. Be on time (VERY early) with your applications because these spots fill fast. You will have to practice and shoot videos on family and friends or classmates if you have anyone who lives in the area. The profs are super helpful if you reach out and say you are struggling but they can only do so much. Your classmates are gonna be your jelly to your peanutbutter. Share the course load. I love the hybrid program because it allows me to travel whenever I want as long as iit doesnt fall on intitute weekends.

Ok so I've been in the program for just over 2 years. It's tough mentally and you will have to give up time with family and friends sometimes. Yes you can work (most people do part time) and have a family but you really have to know yourself and be able to balance life well. A planner helps a lot. If yoy don't live by and plan to fly in and get a hotel once a month figure out expenses before you do. Financial aid helps a lot with that even if you made need to take out unsubsidized and direct plus loan, it will all be ok. Be on time (VERY early) with your applications because these spots fill fast. You will have to practice and shoot videos on family and friends or classmates if you have anyone who lives in the area. The profs are super helpful if you reach out and say you are struggling but they can only do so much. Your classmates are gonna be your jelly to your peanutbutter. Share the course load. I love the hybrid program because it allows me to travel whenever I want as long as iit doesnt fall on intitute weekends.
this was more than helpful, thank you so much! i wanted to know get a perspective from someone who was in the program. how often do you take time to study - although, i know each person's schedule varies. is learning online the material with a hybrid program like you thought it would be or no? i am very diligent in planning and color coordinating and etc. and if accepted into the program, i would relocate and work part-time just to help cover some expenses while still being a student. is that common amongst other students within the program?

I usually do my work the first couple of days, study the next couple of days and have the weekend to myself. So about 3 hours a day depending on what it is because you have to listen to lectures which could be 10 mins long or 1 hr long. I didn't realize how much hands on work I would have to do at home. Like we have to record videos using family members but it all works out in the end. A lot of people relocate closer so they don't have to pay for plane and hotel and car rental costs. Others pay those fees. Up to you. Being close to the school allows you to practice with your classmates, use all the tables and equipment you may need and you can use their books, study room, and print all your lectures out.

this was more than helpful, thank you so much! i wanted to know get a perspective from someone who was in the program. how often do you take time to study - although, i know each person's schedule varies. is learning online the material with a hybrid program like you thought it would be or no? i am very diligent in planning and color coordinating and etc. and if accepted into the program, i would relocate and work part-time just to help cover some expenses while still being a student. is that common amongst other students within the program?
See above