Accepted..still Retake MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

podprincess

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So here is my situation:
Plan to retake MCAT -- not scoring any higher than first time around.

Applied and got interviews and acceptances at Kent and Barry; waitlisted for an interview at Midwestern. I had NYCPM and Scholl on hold for my new score.

Is it a bad idea to not go through with the exam and have the schools consider me with my old MCAT.. It seemed to have been fine for the other schools?

Any advice?

Also I am genuinely asking for advice so please be nice :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
So here is my situation:

Applied and got interviews and acceptances at Kent and Barry; waitlisted for an interview at Midwestern. I had NYCPM and Scholl on hold for my new score.

Is it a bad idea to not go through with the exam and have the schools consider me with my old MCAT.. It seemed to have been fine for the other schools?

Any advice?

What was your MCAT score? Also what was your GPA?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you would be okay with Kent or Barry then don't retake. You meet academic requirements and they want to be sure you are a normal person.

If you would be okay with Kent or Barry then don't retake. You meet academic requirements and they want to be sure you are a normal person.
I am okay with kent or barry but hopefully nycpm doesnt pass me up since thats my top choice.
thanks!

Hey guys,
So here is my situation:

Any advice?

If you are already scheduled and have paid, why not retake? Perhaps already having acceptances will decrease any stress you felt initially and maybe you'll qualify for some extra scholarships. If there are stipulations in your matriculation agreements about a lower score invalidating your acceptance, that may be the only reason not to. Many medical schools require you to keep up a similar level of academic performance, so you could call (anonymously) to make sure that it wouldn't disqualify you if you did score lower.