Accidentally left interview packet on bench outside of medical school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Overachiever12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is something reasonable to worry about, but I had an interview earlier today where I accidentally left my interview packet on a bench outside of the medical school (which contained a document with my name/interview schedule). How negatively could this impact my application if someone important finds this?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if this is something reasonable to worry about, but I had an interview earlier today where I accidentally left my interview packet on a bench outside of the medical school (which contained a document with my name/interview schedule). How negatively could this impact my application if someone important finds this?
.... Now your just somebody that they used to know.... Somebody!....

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OH MY GOD WHY DID YOU FORGET YOUR PACKET!!?? DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!?

There was nothing in the folder that I need now. Just some interesting pamphlets about the medical school. I'm just worried that someone higher up will find it and take it as a sign of disrespect. I just hope that a janitor is the one who discovers and discards the folder.

Shows lack of interest or forgetfulness and poor attention to detail.

It was an honest mistake. I was exhausted from the amount of traveling I'd done in the past 24 hours. Not an excuse though, I know

Reactions: 1 user
if you see a folder lying around on a bench would you go over, pick it up, and read it?

I don't know guys. Sorry if this has come off as ridiculous. Just exhausted is all.

I don't know guys. Sorry if this has come off as ridiculous. Just exhausted is all.

don't worry about it lol, it'll prob get thrown out by the janitors or blown away by the wind. adcoms are busy people, no one's gona bother reading a folder lying around

Shows lack of interest or forgetfulness and poor attention to detail.

Agreed. What if this was last night's patient sign out report, or a rounds list for the medicine team. It could have been a major HIPAA violation that could get the medical school and hospital in deep trouble with HHS - deep fines, penalties, and the chief privacy officer and dean/ceo may face prison time. Do we want a careless medical student that could put the upper echelon of academia in prison and financially ruin the medical school? Better play it safe and reject the applicant :p

Just kidding of course. Relax, nothing is going to happen, even if the adcom member comes across it. They will just assume you left it behind by accident. As long as there are not important information (ie social security number, home address, bank account number, mother's maiden name, etc) that could be used for identity theft (and serious, if there are patient information in there, that's bad). Otherwise, the more you worry, the more grey hair you'll develop.

Reactions: 4 users
Get thee to a therapist stat. This is pathological paranoia.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Get thee to a therapist stat. This is pathological paranoia.
This.

And OP, if you do want the pamphlet you lost, just contact the med school and ask them to send you another copy. They print thousands of them. They'll be able to spare you an extra one.

I don't see the attendings troll the neurotic pre-meds very often, but when they do, it's a thing of beauty.

Reactions: 9 users
Hey man we found your packet, you can come grab it if you want. My name is. DAN PATRICK of the Democratic Republic of Congo and One of the close aides to the former President of the Democratic Republic of Congo LAURENT KABILA of blessed memory, may his soul rest in peace. Due to the military campaign of LAURENT KABILA to force out the rebels in my country, I and some of my colleagues were instructed by Late President Kabila to go abroad to purchase arms and ammunition worth of Twenty Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only (US$20,500,000.00) to fight the rebel group. But when President Kabila was killed in a bloody shoot-out by one of his aide a day before we were schedule to travel out of Congo, We immediately decided to divert the fund into a private security company here in Congo for safe keeping. The security of the said amount is presently being threatened here following the arrest and seizure of properties of Col.Rasheidi Karesava (One of the aides to Laurent Kabila) a tribesman, and some other Military Personnel from our same tribe, by the new President of the Democratic Republic of Congo, the son of late President Laurent Kabila, Joseph Kabila. In view of this, we need a reliable and trustworthy foreign partner who can assist us to move this money out of my country as the beneficiary. WE have sufficient ''CONTACTS'' to move the fund under Diplomatic Cover to a security company in the Europe in your name. This is to ensure that the Diplomatic Baggage is marked ''CONFIDENTIAL'' and it will not pass through normal custom/airport screening and clearance. Our inability to move this money out of Congo all This while lies on our lack of trust on our supposed good friends (western countries) who suddenly became hostile to those of us who worked with the late President Kabila, immediately after his son took office. Though we have neither seen nor met each other, the information we gathered from an associate who has worked in your country has encouraged and convinced us that with your sincere assistance, this transaction will be properly handled with modesty and honesty to a huge success within two weeks. The said money is a state fund and therefore requires a total confidentiality. Thus, if you are willing to assist us move this fund out of Congo, you can contact me through my email address above with your telephone, fax number and personal information to enable us discuss the modalities and what will be your share (percentage) for assisting us. I must use this opportunity and medium to implore You to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this Matter extraordinarily confidential, Whatever your Decision, while I await your prompt response. NOTE: FOR CONFIDENTIALITY, I WILL ADVISE YOU REPLY ME ON MY ALTERNATIVE EMAIL BOX ([email protected]).Thank you and God Bless. Best Regards, MR DAN PATRICK.

Reactions: 5 users
You're fine OP. Just call the school and let them know that you left that packet/portfolio behind intentionally and that you expect to find it where you left it. Tell them know that you're in the process of contemplating if the full merit scholarship coming your way is good enough and that the school/adcoms better be ready to leave a strong impression on your second visit. Your welcome for the advice.

srs: take a big breath, chill, and don't stress much.

Last edited:
You have absolutely nothing to worry about, OP. I doubt anyone with any say in the admissions process will ever even know you forgot it.

Good luck to you in this application cycle.

Hey man we found your packet, you can come grab it if you want. My name is. DAN PATRICK of the Democratic Republic of Congo and One of the close aides to the former President of the Democratic Republic of Congo LAURENT KABILA of blessed memory, may his soul rest in peace. Due to the military campaign of LAURENT KABILA to force out the rebels in my country, I and some of my colleagues were instructed by Late President Kabila to go abroad to purchase arms and ammunition worth of Twenty Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars only (US$20,500,000.00) to fight the rebel group. But when President Kabila was killed in a bloody shoot-out by one of his aide a day before we were schedule to travel out of Congo, We immediately decided to divert the fund into a private security company here in Congo for safe keeping. The security of the said amount is presently being threatened here following the arrest and seizure of properties of Col.Rasheidi Karesava (One of the aides to Laurent Kabila) a tribesman, and some other Military Personnel from our same tribe, by the new President of the Democratic Republic of Congo, the son of late President Laurent Kabila, Joseph Kabila. In view of this, we need a reliable and trustworthy foreign partner who can assist us to move this money out of my country as the beneficiary. WE have sufficient ''CONTACTS'' to move the fund under Diplomatic Cover to a security company in the Europe in your name. This is to ensure that the Diplomatic Baggage is marked ''CONFIDENTIAL'' and it will not pass through normal custom/airport screening and clearance. Our inability to move this money out of Congo all This while lies on our lack of trust on our supposed good friends (western countries) who suddenly became hostile to those of us who worked with the late President Kabila, immediately after his son took office. Though we have neither seen nor met each other, the information we gathered from an associate who has worked in your country has encouraged and convinced us that with your sincere assistance, this transaction will be properly handled with modesty and honesty to a huge success within two weeks. The said money is a state fund and therefore requires a total confidentiality. Thus, if you are willing to assist us move this fund out of Congo, you can contact me through my email address above with your telephone, fax number and personal information to enable us discuss the modalities and what will be your share (percentage) for assisting us. I must use this opportunity and medium to implore You to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this Matter extraordinarily confidential, Whatever your Decision, while I await your prompt response. NOTE: FOR CONFIDENTIALITY, I WILL ADVISE YOU REPLY ME ON MY ALTERNATIVE EMAIL BOX ([email protected]).Thank you and God Bless. Best Regards, MR DAN PATRICK.

Bro.. why?

Attachments

• tumblr_mmp6klB6Ra1sqghjko2_500.gif
    tumblr_mmp6klB6Ra1sqghjko2_500.gif
    954.1 KB · Views: 55
I bring fake packets to fill with fellow interviewees' information, then surreptitiously drop them around campus. Figure the more incompetent they seem, the better I look!

Reactions: 4 users