Accomas won't count my course as a repeat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsicuRN

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I initially called accomas before retaking organic chemistry at a community college. They simple stated that the course has to be greater or equal in credits and similar description. I took both organic 2 lecture and lab over the summer. I received a B + in the lecture and an A in the lab. The initial class i took combined both lecture and lab for a total of 4 credit. The class i took over the summer was worth a total of 5 credits but it was 2 classes. I learned that Accomas won't count that as a repeat because i did not get the same grade in both lecture and lab. Now it is considered an additional class. They said they will count it as a repeat if i can convince the school to make both the lecture and lab one course on my transcript. I am so frustrated because the first time i took orgo 2 i got a D. If that class was considered a repeat my science GPA would be over a 3.0 with a cgpa of 3.48.

What are your thoughts? Has anyone else gone through this.

Members don't see this ad.