Accuracy of FA step 2 vs. MTB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surgicel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm using MTB, but just thought to flip through FA step 2 CK, and cross check somethings and noted that's some facts are conflicting, FA looks rather old and not updated can it be trusted?

Members don't see this ad.

I am finding myself in the same situation when it comes to MTB. I have no idea whether I should continue using it since theres not much else out there.

My friends have mentioned that Yale Gs is good but I would hate to invest my time again into a new book without knowing its accuracy.

Completely irrespective of FA 2cK, MTB2 can't be trusted. The information in MTB2 actually got me one of the internal medicine shelf exam questions wrong straight-up.
Because I have a short attention span and wouldn't be able to finish SUTM before the shelf exam, I've been using MTB2 as my only resource during my IM rotation. Could you expand a little more on why you think their info can't be trusted? Would hate to invest time in a resource that simply isn't accurate.

Of course, I'll also be doing the entirety of UWorld IM questions prior to the shelf exam (or that's the plan anyway).