ACFAS New Site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Gangrene

AZPOD 2011
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone should check out the new ACFAS site. It looks great and IMO is more easily navigated now.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Site looks great... many new features. One good thing for students/residents is the scientific lit reviews...
http://www.acfas.org/Physicians/content.aspx?id=270
They are summaries of "non-pod" (outside J Foot Ankle Surg, JAPMA, or Clin Pod Med Surg) peer reviewed publication articles that are relevant to our F&A surg practice. Many residency programs, including jonwill's, footdoc's, mine, etc participate. Most of the article selections and reviews are pretty solid. It's a good summary to show you key points from the papers and give you an idea if you might want to read the journal articles in their entirety. :thumbup:

Yeah. Not cool IMO. But visually, the site looks sweet. Dr. Rogers, you would know, why do you think they are against the "P" word?

I don't know. There's no reason to be. I assume it is the feeling of professional embarrassment. Perhaps it's the desire to be more than just a podiatrist. To be a foot and ankle surgeon. But, you can't escape the word, it's part of your degree Doctor of Podiatric Medicine. So you have 2 choices, abandon the word and live a lie, or embrace the word and attempt to elevate the perception thereof. I choose the latter.

Even some say, podiatric physician, as if that is more of a doctor than a podiatrist??? You don't see cardiologists calling themselves cardiologic physicians. You don't see gynecologists calling themselves vagina and uterus surgeons. It's more embarrassing to attempt to be something you're not. You are a podiatrist, which is a physician and surgeon of the foot (and ankle).

Be proud to be a podiatrist.

Last edited:
I don't know. There's no reason to be. I assume it is the feeling of professional embarrassment. Perhaps it's the desire to be more than just a podiatrist. To be a foot and ankle surgeon. But, you can't escape the word, it's part of your degree Doctor of Podiatric Medicine. So you have 2 choices, abandon the word and live a lie, or embrace the word and attempt to elevate the perception thereof. I choose the latter.

Even some say, podiatric physician, as if that is more of a doctor than a podiatrist??? You don't see cardiologists calling themselves cardiologic physicians. You don't see gynecologists calling themselves vagina and uterus surgeons. It's more embarrassing to attempt to be something you're not. You are a podiatrist, which is a physician and surgeon of the foot (and ankle).

Be proud to be a podiatrist.

Can't I just be a toe doctor?

How about podiatrician???

I proudly say I am in Podiatry school and I will become a podiatrist. One thing I have learned in school thus far is that you should take pride in what you do and in your education. Obviously it is great to educate the public on the profession and its advances but as DiabeticFootDoctor said, we are podiatrists (or will be in my case).