Aa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muscledoc15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hh

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have taken comlex and got a little under 500 on both. My goal is IM. Should I only be looking at DO programs or are there MD ones that would look at me? I'm not picky in terms of location/size. Never failed anything, but never honored any rotations either.

Try looking at some ACGME community programs. I know there are plenty that will accept COMLEX only, whether your score will be enough to get interviewed/ranked is something I can't comment on with any authority, but I know there are programs out there that don't absolutely require the USMLE from DO applicants.

I have taken comlex and got a little under 500 on both. My goal is IM. Should I only be looking at DO programs or are there MD ones that would look at me? I'm not picky in terms of location/size. Never failed anything, but never honored any rotations either.

with > 650 on both and p on PE, 2 years research in med school with a pub and abstract, and 2 AIs at university IM programs with stellar letters, i applied to 25 east coast programs all of which said they take comlex only, got 12 interviews, matched my no 1. Wouldn't hurt to apply I guess, but I wouldn't bank on acgme, as I matched this past year. Idk if the environment has changed much.

There are ACGME university IM programs that will take people who have only taken COMLEX...two examples that I am aware of are Louisville and Cincinnati.