achiever/topscore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MariaMaria

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've heard a lot about OAT achiever and Topscore. Does anyone have an opinion on which is better to study from? It seems like the Topscore is harder...???

I know this thread should be in the OAT section but no one has responded there and I wanted to order something by tomorrow!

Thankssss

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about oat topscore, have not used it, however i have used achiever.
All i can say is it is hard as well but it prepares you well for the exam, but the point is not to get every question right, it is to understand why you got the ones wrong, wrong in the first place. I liked it, especially for RC because it times you and gives you practice of getting used to the computer format.

I used topscore, it was good for me because it did what I wanted which was to familiarize myself with the pace of the test and getting into the test-taking mindset.

I took the 3 topscore exams the week before the real thing to help with my timing etc.

HOWEVER, if you are still trying to learn the material and aren't ready for the real thing, topscore won't help much. It doesn't give you solutions (reasons why you got it wrong, why the correct answer is the correct answer)... just the answers to your problems. Also, as a general rule add about 50 points to whatever score you get on topscore because the scoring is off by quite a bit. (I remember I took an RC once on topscore, missed 2 problems and they gave me like a 300. . . )

Hi Maria, I used both topscore and achiever. From what I remember, I liked topscore a lot better because the questions were more on par with the level that the OAT tests. I found achiever to be very difficult, and pretty depressing. The RC on achiever is horrible too--way too easy. Topscore on the other hand matches your real scores much better. Both are good products to have nonetheless, because I think the more prep material the better..but if you just want to buy 1, my vote is for topscore. Goodluck on your OAT..