ACN license help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Lady

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a general practitioner currently licensed to practice Medicine in Puerto Rico. After completing my internship year and getting fully licensed, I worked in the private practice around 4 years. Due to personal reasons I moved to the US and have been working in another career field at the same time that I continue applying for physician jobs with the Dot. Veterans Affairs. I recently learned about the ACN license in Florida. In order to get that license I need a job offer letter from an ACN facility so I can start the license process. Is there anyone that could help me out?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a general practitioner currently licensed to practice Medicine in Puerto Rico. After completing my internship year and getting fully licensed, I worked in the private practice around 4 years. Due to personal reasons I moved to the US and have been working in another career field at the same time that I continue applying for physician jobs with the Dot. Veterans Affairs. I recently learned about the ACN license in Florida. In order to get that license I need a job offer letter from an ACN facility so I can start the license process. Is there anyone that could help me out?
Did you apply to any clinic that qualifies as an ACN?

Do you speak Spanish or Creole?

Do you have any location restrictions? I will tell you that you will have a hard time in the more urban areas (Tampa, St. Pete, Miami, Jax) because you are not board eligible. The Health Department might not care, though.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

Do you have any location restrictions? I will tell you that you will have a hard time in the more urban areas (Tampa, St. Pete, Miami, Jax) because you are not board eligible. The Health Department might not care, though.

I have a current and unrestricted license to practice in Puerto Rico. I Speak English and Spanish, since I'm not Board Certified/Eligible, I can't apply for a regular license. I have no problems working in rural areas.

Also, I haven't apply to an ACN approved clinic because they require the ACN or the regular Florida license, and what I need is the job offer letter to apply to get the ACN license. Maybe I should apply and explain them....any ideas?

I have a current and unrestricted license to practice in Puerto Rico. I Speak English and Spanish, since I'm not Board Certified/Eligible, I can't apply for a regular license. I have no problems working in rural areas.

Ah, my apologies. For some reason, I assumed that you had done residency, at least, in Puerto Rico.

To clarify, you don't have to be board certified/eligible to apply for a regular Florida license, but you do have to either be a US medical graduate + 1 year of internship or be an FMG/IMG + 2 years of residency. Just for other people reading this.

Also, I haven't apply to an ACN approved clinic because they require the ACN or the regular Florida license, and what I need is the job offer letter to apply to get the ACN license. Maybe I should apply and explain them....any ideas?

I would apply to all that you can. At this point you have nothing to lose, and they may hold a job for you, as long as you can get the ACN license - and some places are desperate enough for physicians that they will consider trying this. It is worth a try. You could also ask if you are able to see patients at the military bases, as you have an unrestricted PR license. They always need people to do those routine physicals on new soldiers.