ACOM vs. NSUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ACOM vs NSUCOM

• ACOM

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • NSUCOM

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters

tally g.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I've been accepted to ACOM and NSUCOM and I don't know what to do.
I've paid my deposit for ACOM and I'm very thankful to be going there.
Yet, I've been accepted to NSUCOM.

I did pine for NSUCOM, but I think that its a "feeding frenzy".
I believe that I would receive more one-on-one training and better board prep.
But, I'm betting on a school with no COMLEX stats.
NSUCOM is a proven entity, with awesome rotations and residency options.
Fort Lauderdale is too distracting. Dothan seems like a better place to study.
Does anyone care to chime in? I'd really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

It only seems distracting when you are a visitor :p Nova is a very well-established program, unlike ACOM which is fairly new and it sounds like you really liked NSU.

Plus I couldn't imagine living in backward thinking AL

Last edited:
I interviewed at both schools. Acom is nice, but nova hands down man. Not only is Novas campus awesome, and its location has much better amenities, but it is the better school. It wins on all counts. Plus it has great established rotations and a huge OPTI, and it wont force you to do a pallative care rotation IN THE 4TH year. I mean that ridiculous in itself.

So summary Nova is:

Way more well known
"High" tier of DO
Has little/no desire to force you into primary care (although now I remember something about a rural rotation in 3rd year)
Has connections to tons of residencies thru its opti
Is in Florida by the beach
Why does this list even need to continue...

I loved Nova when I went there, I don't think you can go wrong with them. It does stink that both programs have mandatory attendance, but I believe Nova keeps it under 30 hours.

Yeah after my interviews at both (did them a week apart) when I thought I might get an offer to both I had the same thoughts as you, but now that I have had another 5 interviews its become incredibly clear to me that it should be Nova, hands down. Don't be distracted by distractions talk, Nova is better in much more than just amenities.

Last edited: