Activities description

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PDPWetNWild

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am reapplying this year. I have been looking and haven't found the answer to this yet. Should I change up my description on my activities and achievements on my application from last year?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I am reapplying this year. I have been looking and haven't found the answer to this yet. Should I change up my description on my activities and achievements on my application from last year?

Your old app didn't work. Everything needs to be significantly better than last time for it to work. You didn't ask the more important question which is what do I need to do better, but maybe you already know. You should change everything that was not effective last year.

If you don't have new activities or continuing experiences in your current activities, then your app this year will be as successful as last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you just list your activities last year? If so, try telling a story this time - what you learned, how it impacted you, how it might apply to med school. You have 600 characters to work with (not much), but if you work it, you can list not just what you did, but how it's important.

I met with the director of admissions at one school to discuss my app and strategies for re-applying and this was something I asked about. She said the descriptions didn't necessarily have to change but to make sure to include a sentence or two about what you learned from the activity and how it will impact you as a physician.

She did, however, strongly emphasize that the personal statement should be changed because the old and new would be compared side by side.