*** ADA 2015 DAT Changes*** Most recent ADA update!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAT Destroyer

Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Students,

To help with all the confusion, I personally called the ADA and spoke with a test administration assistant about upcoming changes. I received the email below and it is a direct quote.

"There will be changes made to the DAT Bio and QRT sections in 2015 but there is not a set date. Updates will be posted at www.ada.org/dat periodically.

The systematic approach for Biology is aligned with academic current curriculum.

The QRT section revisions do not necessitate a change in preparation, as the section covers the same content, just with a little more emphasis.

There should be no change in study habits or material to prepare."

Hope this helps.

Take care...Nancy

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Hi Students,

To help with all the confusion, I personally called the ADA and spoke with a test administration assistant about upcoming changes. I received the email below and it is a direct quote.

"There will be changes made to the DAT Bio and QRT sections in 2015 but there is not a set date. Updates will be posted at www.ada.org/dat periodically.

The systematic approach for Biology is aligned with academic current curriculum.

The QRT section revisions do not necessitate a change in preparation, as the section covers the same content, just with a little more emphasis.

Hope this helps.

Take care...Nancy

I honestly feel time could be better served staying the course and not worrying about something that can not be controlled. When the DAT changes all students are going to be in the same position.

The bottom line is the ADA will more than likely filter in new problems during the 2015 cycle, this is just my opinion after many years of being in the field.

Hope helps...Nancy

I continue to get emails and phone calls from students worried and concerned about changes to the DAT . I am waiting for another response from the head of the testing department. Will keep you posted.

Last edited:
I continue to get emails and phone calls from students worried and concerned about changes to the DAT . I am waiting for another response from the head of the testing department. Will keep you posted.
Here is the updated info release with very little new information. The new questions will added during the 2015 cycle. This is volume 5, will there be a volume 6 to correct the errors in volume 5, we will see.

http://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Education and Careers/Files/dat_news_volume5_2014.ashx

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you
Can someone explain to me what does it mean that Biology courses have shifted to a systems approach?
and changes will be implemented no sooner than 2015 !!!
I wish they could just give a specific date like MCAT people did

Reactions: 1 user
Here is the updated info release with very little new information. The new questions will added during the 2015 cycle. This is volume 5, will there be a volume 6 to correct the errors in volume 5, we will see.

http://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Education and Careers/Files/dat_news_volume5_2014.ashx
I did get an email directly from the ADA, here is it exactly what was stated.

You are correct. There are 40 items on the DAT QRT section.

This information will be corrected on the ADA web site. Thanks.

Kirk T. Kendzior B.A. Test Administration Associate Department of Testing Services

So..."effective during Calendar Year 2015" does that mean beginning Jan 1st? I'm actually more worried about QRT tbh.

So..."effective during Calendar Year 2015" does that mean beginning Jan 1st? I'm actually more worried about QRT tbh.
Hi Mr. Longhorn ,As I stated before and as the ADA has stated numerous times, new questions will be added during the 2015 cycle. My understanding is they can start adding new questions a few at a time without anyone knowing when, or they can shut down testing for a few days to add new questions. ADA is in control and there is no inside information, just follow what is stated in the ada website.

Keep studying, your hard work will pay off, there is no easy way out!:)

Hi Mr. Longhorn ,As I stated before and as the ADA has stated numerous times, new questions will be added during the 2015 cycle. My understanding is they can start adding new questions a few at a time without anyone knowing when, or they can shut down testing for a few days to add new questions. ADA is in control and there is no inside information, just follow what is stated in the ada website.

Keep studying, your hard work will pay off, there is no easy way out!:)

Do you have any recommendations on how to prep for stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
My exam is currently scheduled for January 9. If you have any information regarding when the changes are taking place, please let me know. I've e-mailed my pre-health advisor and the ADA (though they didn't respond to my last e-mail about any other changes that may be happening in 2014).

Thank you!

My exam is currently scheduled for January 9. If you have any information regarding when the changes are taking place, please let me know. I've e-mailed my pre-health advisor and the ADA (though they didn't respond to my last e-mail about any other changes that may be happening in 2014).

Thank you!
Hi Lourdesofthedrill,

The ADA is currently being overwhelmed with emails. I have posted everything I know. No one has an inside scoop to the ADA. I have many years experience and my best advice is to keep studying and don't spend so much time worrying about the changes. The ADA clearly stated that questions will be added during the 2015 cycle but it is not going to be anything that students need to panic over. I promise to post should I hear anything.

This is the latest posted on the ADA website should you have missed it.

Take care and good luck in your studies and on the DAT!

Hi Lourdesofthedrill,

The ADA is currently being overwhelmed with emails. I have posted everything I know. No one has an inside scoop to the ADA. I have many years experience and my best advice is to keep studying and don't spend so much time worrying about the changes. The ADA clearly stated that questions will be added during the 2015 cycle but it is not going to be anything that students need to panic over. I promise to post should I hear anything.

This is the latest posted on the ADA website should you have missed it.

Take care and good luck in your studies and on the DAT!

Thank you for your response!

I'm very tempted to change my exam to 12/31 at this point, because I have studied for four months now, and I do not want to let me score be affected by another variable. I plan on waiting until the end of the week to hear back, but do you think that the projected 2015 changes are worth pushing my exam a week forward?

I'm very tempted to change my exam to 12/31 at this point, because I have studied for four months now, and I do not want to let me score be affected by another variable. I plan on waiting until the end of the week to hear back, but do you think that the projected 2015 changes are worth pushing my exam a week forward?
In my opinion, mind you it's my opinion I would not change your study plan and rush to take the DAT and not be fully prepared. Others have created a lot of unnecessary hype on this board about a test that has changed many times over the years. If they plan on doing a major overhaul, which I don't think is going to occur, they will have to shut down the testing centers for a week or so to make the changes. The last time if I remember correctly was March 2009, but the ADA always makes it known before the shutdown. I feel they will more than likely add new problems slowly during 2015 cycle. Again I am posting what I think will occur, no one knows for certain.

Reactions: 1 users

I concur with Dr.Romano/Ms. Nancy. Look at it this way, you would be rushing to take an exam that is only changing by like 17% or even less. Studying for an extra month or so would be much more valuable since you would be:
1. Strengthening the unchanging parts, the remaining 83%
2. Be more solid on the newer parts.
3. You would be more confident since you are taking the exam on YOUR time, not because you rushed

Last edited:
I concur with Dr.Romano/Ms. Nancy. Look at it this way, you would be rushing to take an exam that is only changing by like 17% or even less. Studying for an extra month or so would be much more valuable since you would be:
1. Strengthening the unchanging parts, the remain 83% or so
2. Be more solid on the newer parts.
3. You would be more confident since you are taking the exam on YOUR time, not because rushed

Thanks WF, well stated.

So I received this response from the ADA today:

"Although a date of implementation is not set it is unlikely the changes would be in place that early in the year. The changes should not affect DAT applicant’s study materials or methods."

So I received this response from the ADA today:

"Although a date of implementation is not set it is unlikely the changes would be in place that early in the year. The changes should not affect DAT applicant’s study materials or methods."
That is what I was told several weeks ago and tried my best to convey, but guess I didn't do a good job. So hopefully we can put this to rest and I will monitor the website for updates or should I receive a direct email from the testing center I will post it immediately.

Lourdesofthedrill, from your post it is obvious you are a very serious student and are studying hard; that is what it takes to destroy the DAT!

Nancy

Thanks Nancy for doing the research for us and giving us accurate info much appreciated
You are welcome S.Orange, the ADA has stated they will post updates, so time to study and not worry about what the ADA will do and when, no one has a crystal ball.

Good luck in your studies...
Nancy

Hi Students,

Hope this helps.

Take care...Nancy

Glad I could help, keep studying more and worry less about changes, if any new information is posted, I will be certain to post it for everyone asap.
Thank you for responding to my emails :) I am taking my exam in December 2014 and feel a bit relieved.

I continue to get messages/emails regarding the 2015 changes, I wanted post this again for any newcomers to the board that might have questions. This is the most recent information from the ADA

Take care and good luck in your studies and on the DAT

Nancy
Nancy,

This was very helpful and I am more motivated to take the DAT this month. I am confident the Destroyer will cover most if not all of the subjects :)

Hi, i have a question. I am taking my DAT in February 2015. i Purchased DAT and Math Destroyer from Orgman in Late Septmeber and several days ago i saw that new Destroyer 2015 came out with new additions and changes in Bio and QR... So I am a little bit upset that I didn't wait to buy new version, i just didn't know that any changes will be added to DAT. I wanted to ask, if you suggest me buying a new version? Is it very different or if I was studying and will keep using Destroyer 2014 I should be fine?
Thank You

Hi, i have a question. I am taking my DAT in February 2015. i Purchased DAT and Math Destroyer from Orgman in Late Septmeber and several days ago i saw that new Destroyer 2015 came out with new additions and changes in Bio and QR... So I am a little bit upset that I didn't wait to buy new version, i just didn't know that any changes will be added to DAT. I wanted to ask, if you suggest me buying a new version? Is it very different or if I was studying and will keep using Destroyer 2014 I should be fine?
Thank You

I have the same problem :( I haven't even used my math destroyer yet, but I believe it's too late to return it. Is it possible for the people who purchased the 2014 to receive supplemental changes made to the DAT destroyer?

I have the same problem :( I haven't even used my math destroyer yet, but I believe it's too late to return it. Is it possible for the people who purchased the 2014 to receive supplemental changes made to the DAT destroyer?
I am also wondering the same thing:/

Thank You

I feel like if it was only couple of days after your got your Destroyer that the 2015 came out, they might've considered. But in your case it was over 2 months or even 3 :s Just my 2 cents though