ADA Practice Test or Kaplan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr_eyelien

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of these two, which is the most similar to the real thing?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't do the ADA practice test but I did do a few Kaplan tests (along with the Kaplan course) and the actual OAT wasn't nearly as difficult. I felt very prepared for the real test and ended up doing well. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Personally, I thought Kaplan was more similar to the real OAT in terms of FORMAT. ADA practice exam will have shortened version for reading comprehension and for some of the other sections as well (different # of questions, for example). The types of questions were good for both Kaplan and ADA. I would suggest doing both, and doing as many practice questions as you can.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't do the ADA practice test but I did do a few Kaplan tests (along with the Kaplan course) and the actual OAT wasn't nearly as difficult. I felt very prepared for the real test and ended up doing well. Hope this helps.
Thank you!

Personally, I thought Kaplan was more similar to the real OAT in terms of FORMAT. ADA practice exam will have shortened version for reading comprehension and for some of the other sections as well (different # of questions, for example). The types of questions were good for both Kaplan and ADA. I would suggest doing both, and doing as many practice questions as you can.
Thanks!

Kaplan was similar for reading and Ochem... ADA was easier than the actual OAT .

The OAT Achiever tests online prepared me the best for the actual OAT but they do cost money. I would say the QR on the achiever is almost identical to what I saw on the real exam.