ADA Sample Test Item

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mp5491

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just looking over the free practice DAT that the ADA provides, and I decided to take the Organic Chem section only because I supposed it would help me study for my final. When i finished it seemed extremely easy, I got a 27/30 questions. Now I'm confused because I'm pretty sure that the real DAT OChem section is a lot harder. Can anyone who has taken he DAT, tell me how the practice DAT from the ADA stacks up to the actual OChem sections of the DAT?
Heres the link to the sample items test:
http://www.ada.org/~/media/ADA/Education and Careers/Files/dat_test_sampleitems.ashx

Members don't see this ad.

That is the 2007 practice test and is a walk in the park compared to the real DAT. The good news is that those scores mean you have a good base to work on studying for the dat. This of course should belong in the dat discussions forums.

Don't use practice DATs to gauge how your performance on the real DAT will be. There are many versions of the test so you will be tested on different topics. Just be sure to have every corner covered when the real dat comes along and you will be good.

Reactions: 1 user
That is the 2007 practice test and is a walk in the park compared to the real DAT. The good news is that those scores mean you have a good base to work on studying for the dat. This of course should belong in the dat discussions forums.

Don't use practice DATs to gauge how your performance on the real DAT will be. There are many versions of the test so you will be tested on different topics. Just be sure to have every corner covered when the real dat comes along and you will be good.
I disagree. I thought the 2007 was only SLIGHTLY easier than the real one. But the 2009 exam was much more difficult, ESPECIALLY QR.

Use the classic resources of Chads, bootcamp, destroyer, and the bio notes. You'll be ok.
For me I found GC to be the easiest. Bio was broad so it required the most studying.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I disagree. I thought the 2007 was only SLIGHTLY easier than the real one. But the 2009 exam was much more difficult, ESPECIALLY QR.

Use the classic resources of Chads, bootcamp, destroyer, and the bio notes. You'll be ok.
For me I found GC to be the easiest. Bio was broad so it required the most studying.

Everyone has different experiences because the tests are extremely different. Questions, especially biology would be night and day in terms of questions. The Qr on 2009 is brutal and unrepresentative so I didn't bother with it. But I scored perfect on the science with 30 minutes spare on the 2009. Just speaking from my experience the DAT was harder than the 2007 and 2008.

Contrary to perhaps popular belief, the DAT versions are not designed to be harder/easier; the perception is a different issue.