ADD/ADHD medications and Army HPSP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArmyHPSP1755

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a first year medical student on an army HPSP scholarship. I am hearing a lot of different answers to this question and was hoping to get a definitive answer--

Is there any way in which I would be able to be prescribed adderall or any other drug to help improve my concentration/work efficacy while maintaining my scholarship?

I have come to find that I am nearly unable to study unless my back is against the wall and I realize I am screwed unless I cram for the next few days in order to pass my upcoming exam. I find taking adderall helps me with this in that it gives me the ability to actually concentrate on the material outside of a few days before the exam.

Thank you for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

This question was answered in a recent thread already. Click on that tab on the top of this page that says "Military Medicine". Scroll down until you find it. NavyFP addressed this. His answer is definitive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not another one of these I need Ritalin threads to get better grades in medical school:stop: