Addressing Weakness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharma1989

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Long story short, I did not do well on my last quarter. I got Bs and Cs. My previous quarters were very good, mostly As. The reason for my weak performance was a family issues that I had to dedicate a lot of time for. I had no alternative option. Should I bring the subject in the interview of just wait in case they will ask me about it? This was last quarter so probably they have not received my grades updates through pharmCAS yet.
What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

if they ask then you answer but you don't bring it up.

I had a particularly bad semester where I made B's and C's due to a family situation. If you get an interview, you will most likely get a question asking you about difficulties you faced and how you overcame them, or something having to do with how you handle stress and cope (doesn't have to be school related). I just said I took it as a learning opportunity and learned how to balance and manage my personal and professional life, and was able to bounce back from a bad semester by doing research and graduating with honors. One semester won't break you as long as you can demonstrate you learned something from it. Other parts of your application can overshadow it too, like a high PCAT score or pharmacy experience. They like hearing about how working in a pharmacy has changed your life and shown you it is the best career path for you. Good luck!