Adhd, is it real?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fathertime1987

Came out the water like a pretty a$$ dolphin
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been diagnosed with add at age 12 and was put on prozac, an ssri. Then switched to focalin. I was still doing bad in school and at 18 stopped taking focalin. I had palpitations, insomnia, and i could not get off during sex. Now i am in the psychiatric nurse practitioner program and not taking any medications at all. I am sleeping well, i am ejaculating lke a fountain, and there is no problems that i can tell with my attention. My psychiatrist is kind of just a good listener and just said well that's good that your doing well. What I want to know is why is adhd being diagnosed based on iq tests and questionaires (what i went through), why is America the only country in the world that made up adhd. You tell someone my child has adhd in Europe and they will laugh at you, the don't even know what that is. The medications is another issue, carrying side effects of palpitations, suicidal ideations, growth and dev suppresion...we are talking about kids getting this without the explanations of side effects by psychiatrists. My teachers don't make any judgements they just educate. I want to hear thoughts from psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners. I am not going to specialize in adhd because i feel bad for the kids getting the drugs that i got, i will choose an adult pt population to help and take conservative measures, depending on the case of course. I welcome all critisism, but it would be nice to hear some doctors on here talk about vanderbilt/nichq and the testing as well as the medications they think may work.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
10/10 would read again.

Reactions: 2 users
I have been diagnosed with add at age 12 and was put on prozac, an ssri. Then switched to focalin. I was still doing bad in school and at 18 stopped taking focalin. I had palpitations, insomnia, and i could not get off during sex. Now i am in the psychiatric nurse practitioner program and not taking any medications at all. I am sleeping well, i am ejaculating lke a fountain, and there is no problems that i can tell with my attention. My psychiatrist is kind of just a good listener and just said well that's good that your doing well. What I want to know is why is adhd being diagnosed based on iq tests and questionaires (what i went through), why is America the only country in the world that made up adhd. You tell someone my child has adhd in Europe and they will laugh at you, the don't even know what that is. The medications is another issue, carrying side effects of palpitations, suicidal ideations, growth and dev suppresion...we are talking about kids getting this without the explanations of side effects by psychiatrists. My teachers don't make any judgements they just educate. I want to hear thoughts from psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners. I am not going to specialize in adhd because i feel bad for the kids getting the drugs that i got, i will choose an adult pt population to help and take conservative measures, depending on the case of course.

Subjective: "i am ejaculating lke a fountain"

Objective: Poor grammar, spelling, rambling sentence structure.

Assessment: Likely ADHD, rule out bipolar disorder due to pressured writing and hyper-sexuality

Plan: Could consider focalin, as patient reports that this fixed the fountain-like ejaculation problem in the past

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would fountain-like ejaculation really be a problem?

Subjective: "i am ejaculating lke a fountain"

Objective: Poor grammar, spelling, rambling sentence structure.

Assessment: Likely ADHD, rule out bipolar disorder due to pressured writing and hyper-sexuality

Plan: Could consider focalin, as patient reports that this fixed the fountain-like ejaculation problem in the past
Lol i said i am not taking any medications at all and that fixed all the problems where do you see me saying focalin helped with anything. Get your eyes checked i said i could not get off that means ejaculate. Is not being able to ejaculate normal for you? You sir get a failing grade on your soap skills

Lol i said i am not taking any medications at all and that fixed all the problems where do you see me saying focalin helped with anything. Get your eyes checked i said i could not get off that means ejaculate. Is not being able to ejaculate normal for you? You sir get a failing grade on your soap skills

look up "satire" in the dictionary

Reactions: 4 users
I have been diagnosed with add at age 12 and was put on prozac, an ssri. Then switched to focalin. I was still doing bad in school and at 18 stopped taking focalin. I had palpitations, insomnia, and i could not get off during sex. Now i am in the psychiatric nurse practitioner program and not taking any medications at all. I am sleeping well, i am ejaculating lke a fountain, and there is no problems that i can tell with my attention. My psychiatrist is kind of just a good listener and just said well that's good that your doing well. What I want to know is why is adhd being diagnosed based on iq tests and questionaires (what i went through), why is America the only country in the world that made up adhd. You tell someone my child has adhd in Europe and they will laugh at you, the don't even know what that is. The medications is another issue, carrying side effects of palpitations, suicidal ideations, growth and dev suppresion...we are talking about kids getting this without the explanations of side effects by psychiatrists. My teachers don't make any judgements they just educate. I want to hear thoughts from psychiatrists and psychiatric nurse practitioners. I am not going to specialize in adhd because i feel bad for the kids getting the drugs that i got, i will choose an adult pt population to help and take conservative measures, depending on the case of course. I welcome all critisism, but it would be nice to hear some doctors on here talk about vanderbilt/nichq and the testing as well as the medications they think may work.

based on my reading in medical school add is a very serious condition but if you ask some of my teachers that they will just tell you that add is a made up disease. i don't mean to get too judgmental here but it's totally real from multiple peer reviewed sources i mean come on there is now loads of research showing that people diagnosed at an early age do a lot better sooner with medical management of inattention which can be really detrimental to someone's schooling particularly when they r under lots of stress like with tough classes or hard majors etc. what i really want to know is if focalin helped you or not please let me know i would like to hear from someone who has tried it thanks.

based on my reading in medical school add is a very serious condition but if you ask some of my teachers that they will just tell you that add is a made up disease. i don't mean to get too judgmental here but it's totally real from multiple peer reviewed sources i mean come on there is now loads of research showing that people diagnosed at an early age do a lot better sooner with medical management of inattention which can be really detrimental to someone's schooling particularly when they r under lots of stress like with tough classes or hard majors etc. what i really want to know is if focalin helped you or not please let me know i would like to hear from someone who has tried it thanks.

OP isn't going to see your post, he's been banned. His voluminous fountain has moved on.

Reactions: 1 users