admission criteria

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental master

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have got 77 in my part 1 nbde , am not sure if i can apply . i have already written my toefl exam . can anyone ps guide me . i want to apply for nyu

Members don't see this ad.

It is pretty difficult to get an acceptance w/ a score of 77. Maybe some people have and I am not aware of that. 85 and over is better for most schools especially if you dont have experience- especially US experience.
Look around acceptance threads you'll get an idea as to what they are looking for.

Thanks so much for the advise. With my currrent score of 77 if i apply and get rejected would it have a negative impact for my admission eligibility ,whenever i apply the next time with a better score to the same university .
Is there is any validity period for the GPA scores obtained from ECE ?

also with this low score is it worth the pain ,time and money to apply for colleges who sponsor student visa's as i currently do not have a green card . advance thanks for posting replies to my question .

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much for the advise. With my currrent score of 77 if i apply and get rejected would it have a negative impact for my admission eligibility ,whenever i apply the next time with a better score to the same university .
Is there is any validity period for the GPA scores obtained from ECE ?

also with this low score is it worth the pain ,time and money to apply for colleges who sponsor student visa's as i currently do not have a green card . advance thanks for posting replies to my question .
This is just my opinion- applying w/ 77 *may* not take you anywhere. I would save my money if I were you. But even if u did and had to reapply next year, there will be no negative effect.
GPA (ECE) is valid or 10 years I think.

Iam currently doing BS in biology(predental), but im not a citizen of america, but i just came here on student visa to be a dentist, so do u guyz have any idea, about how different it is going to be for me to get in>? as im out of state resident for every state