General Admissions & OTCAS Admissions Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sbalex2837

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been reading through these posts for months but just now decided to finally join and post my own question. I am applying for schools now and obviously am worried about my chances of getting in (like most people). Can someone give me some honest opinions on how my application will stack up to others/how likely I am to get into my top choices? Thanks

Major: Psychology
Minor: Gerontology
School: University of North Georgia
GPA: 3.5
Observation hours: 64 total; hand therapy, hippotherapy, and pediatrics (more hours in progress)

Experience/Employment: Camp Twin Lakes summer staff (for children with special needs)-10weeks, hundreds and hundreds of hours; ABA line therapist for boy with autism-hundreds of hours; Special Needs Nanny for girl with autism (at least 100 hours), Youth Minister (present), several other nanny positions.

Volunteer: Amigos for Christ mission trip to Nicaragua, Medical Mission Trip to Africa, Camp Sunshine Volunteer (for children with cancer), church worship ministry (worship band every week), church preschool music director.

Letters of Rec: 4; 1 from OT, 1 from Camp Twin Lakes supervisor, 2 from university professors

GRE: 151 Verbal 143 Quant 5.0 Writing; retaking tomorrow to improve quant.

My main concern is that my GRE scores (particularly quant) are not very competitive. I am applying to Belmont University (1st choice), University of Southern California, Boston University, University of Florida, Medical University of South Carolina, University of North Carolina, and possibly a few others. I have already submitted my application for early admission to Belmont but will be able to edit my GRE score and observation hours as I continue to shadow.

Members don't see this ad.

You have some really nice extracurriculars and if you improve on that GRE quantitative score I think it would be at least average, with a fantastic writing score. I think you have a pretty good shot, make sure to apply to a lot of schools.

You have some really nice extracurriculars and if you improve on that GRE quantitative score I think it would be at least average, with a fantastic writing score. I think you have a pretty good shot, make sure to apply to a lot of schools.

Thank you! I just retook the GRE and made a 152 verbal and 150 quant!

I have been reading through these posts for months but just now decided to finally join and post my own question. I am applying for schools now and obviously am worried about my chances of getting in (like most people). Can someone give me some honest opinions on how my application will stack up to others/how likely I am to get into my top choices? Thanks

Major: Psychology
Minor: Gerontology
School: University of North Georgia
GPA: 3.5
Observation hours: 64 total; hand therapy, hippotherapy, and pediatrics (more hours in progress)

Experience/Employment: Camp Twin Lakes summer staff (for children with special needs)-10weeks, hundreds and hundreds of hours; ABA line therapist for boy with autism-hundreds of hours; Special Needs Nanny for girl with autism (at least 100 hours), Youth Minister (present), several other nanny positions.

Volunteer: Amigos for Christ mission trip to Nicaragua, Medical Mission Trip to Africa, Camp Sunshine Volunteer (for children with cancer), church worship ministry (worship band every week), church preschool music director.

Letters of Rec: 4; 1 from OT, 1 from Camp Twin Lakes supervisor, 2 from university professors

GRE: 151 Verbal 143 Quant 5.0 Writing; retaking tomorrow to improve quant.

My main concern is that my GRE scores (particularly quant) are not very competitive. I am applying to Belmont University (1st choice), University of Southern California, Boston University, University of Florida, Medical University of South Carolina, University of North Carolina, and possibly a few others. I have already submitted my application for early admission to Belmont but will be able to edit my GRE score and observation hours as I continue to shadow.
Hi! I was wondering if you got into Belmont? Your stats are pretty similar to mine!