Admittance into NOVA southeastern DPT program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTbaseball

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone out there been accepted into NOVA's DPT program? I know they have rolling admissions so time is probably running out. I had a phone interview with them on Dec 20th which I thought went very well but I haven't heard a thing back yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Same situation here. I actually called them last Friday, they said because it was holidays season they didn't have chance to send out letters/emails, so we should be expecting something in next two weeks.

good to hear i'm not the only one. During your interview did they sort of talk a lot about their hybrid program in Tampa? I was somewhat confused because I only applied to the Ft Lauderdale campus but the interviewer seemed to only want to talk about the Tampa hybrid program

Members don't see this ad :)
I did a phone interview with them back in like October and it took them like a month and a half to tell me I was wait listed

Miami U, did they tell you that you were waitlisted or on HOLD status or does that basically mean the same thing? lol

Its the same thing dreamer.

DPTbaseball, half of my interview was about the Tampa campus, it felt like they were trying to sell it to me. But I guess a lot of ppl don't know about it, so they just want to let us know we have a option like that.

yeah, i got an email about the hybrid program-- it's not accredited and it seems like an easy way for the school to make more money while doing less teaching...

Yeah, even if it was accredited I cant imagine going through the program 1200 miles away from the campus ..

Yeah the Tampa program doesn't sound very appealing.............I just assumed I would hear back from the Ft Lauderdale program by now since I interviewed with them a month ago

I was hoping to hear back before new years, but I guess we have to wait another week or so ..

Do you know if they email or mail responses ?

Im not sure if they mail out hard copies or just let you know via email. I was actually thinking that they would call you if were accepted but thats just a shot in the dark

Hmm, yeah I have no idea also. Well, we will find out soon hopefully.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied this cycle and got a phone interview in October and heard about two weeks after. I was wait listed.

Was everyone on this site waitlisted at Nova ? lol

hey guys, i am waiting to even hear about an interview. how long did it take after you turned in your application before they contacted you for the interview?

I submitted my PTCAS application on 10/27/2010, then my NOVA supplemental application and fees on 11/25/2010, then they called me for an interview on 12/17/2010. Still waiting to hear back about whether I got in or not.

I applied in early October and received a phone interview in December. The lady I spoke to explained that I would hear back in 3-6 weeks either way. I still have not heard. Has anyone?

nope still haven't heard anything back. Im starting to wonder if the lack of information from them just means that i've been denied admittance.

well last year i interviewed with nova in feb. and they called me 2 months before the semester started and said i was accepted and if i wanted to go there!! yeah thanks for the heads up nova!

It does seem like a lot of people are wait listed at Nova. Sorry that you guys haven't heard back yet though. Hopefully they get back soon.

NClnh16, I interviewed in October also, but I heard back two weeks later about my status. So I don't know why you haven't heard back yet. That's really frustrating.

Hey guys,

watch out for the mail coming in from NOVA. I got an post mail today as of 1/28 saying I was accepted. I was interviewed in Mid Dec and explained about part time program, but I was offered for full time (accredited) program. :)

Congrats classmate!!

I received my acceptance letter today as well and I can't wait.

Good luck to everyone!

Have any of you applied to the hybrid program that is run out of the Tampa campus? I called and e-mailed for information--it looks like their application deadline is March 15--but no return call yet :( I might just try to drive over one day.
Somehow, however, I'm on the call list for every for-profit nursing school in Florida.

I just got a phone call today that I was accepted to the Tampa Hybrid program...hope they get accredited in April haha. Anyone else???

I just got a phone call today that I was accepted to the Tampa Hybrid program...hope they get accredited in April haha. Anyone else???

Hey,
I was just recently accepted too. Then I looked at the website and it says its pending accreditation. I was hoping to use this as a last resort. But I am nervous to how employers would look at this program in terms of hiring.

I was accepted last week to the Tampa hybrid program but decided to decline. The fact that it's mostly online, takes an additional year to complete, and is not accredited drove me away

Just got an email today requesting a phone interview for tomorrow. I heard the Nova main campus DPT class was full, but I didn't check the box saying I was willing to apply to their Tampa program. So I can only assume they are still taking applicants!

I received an acceptance letter in the mail toward the end of January, replied back (accepted offer) beginning of February. NSU is the only school I've been accepted to.

I just got an email from Nova saying that "a decision has been made on my application and an official letter is on the way". They didn't say if I got in or not.....

I just rejected a seat for the Ft Lauderdale campus for this year's matriculating class. Hopefully it'll mean good news to one of you out there! Good luck.

Has anyone else heard that all the seats for the ft Lauderdale program have been filled??

I called the admissions office last week to ask for some more information; they said that they are still filling the classes, and they don't start planning the academic schedule until midway through March. Hopefully, this means that a few more acceptances will be sent out. *Edit: This is regarding Fort Lauderdale campus, by the way.

Last edited:
I interviewed at Nova Feb 4th (phone interview) and just got my results in the mail. They said my application is on "Hold". So i guess i got wait listed. Better than a rejection worse than an acceptance (This is regarding Fort Lauderdale campus)

Well just got a rejection letter today from nova…looks like I'll be going to Touro

hey dpt baseball what did your letter say? did it say rejected?

I got my rejection letter about 3 weeks ago. It basically gives an explanation about how difficult the application process is and how much time goes into determining who is qualified to gain admission into the university. Then it gives the typical "we regret to inform you that we are unable to grant you admission to the (whatever program and school you applied to)." It then says thank you and they encourage you to apply again. Oh well, NOVA wasn't my first choice anyway, got accepted and attending FIU.

I got a acceptance letter about a month ago, I'm going to decline it so I hope one of you guys gets my spot. Good Luck !

hey dpt baseball what did your letter say? did it say rejected?

Its just a really short generic letter that i'm sure they send out to all the people they reject. Basically says "thanks for your interest..........we have carefully reviewed your application and we're sorry to inform you.........there are many qualified applicants........blah blah blah". They were my first choice so i'm pretty disappointed but at least I know i'm going somewhere.

did any get a letter from nova saying that their application was on "hold". Is that the same as being wait listed?

Does anyone know what's going on with Nova? I applied really late to the program and just had my interview yesterday. They didn't mention the hybrid program. My interview was really short, maybe around 15 minutes. I'm kinda worried. Does anyone know if they are full?

I did a phone interview in early February and just got my acceptance letter two days ago! It sounds like they must still have spots available if you got an interview!

I did a phone interview in early February and just got my acceptance letter two days ago! It sounds like they must still have spots available if you got an interview!

Thank you for your response! I really appreciate it and congrats on the acceptance!

i emailed nova asking when i would find out information because i had already done the phone interview and they told me my application was with the committee of admissions and they have not made a decision yet. I wanted to see if anyone else got this response and has heard futher more from nova

Yea, I too had my phone interview in early February and received my acceptance letter last week to the Fort Lauderdale Campus. I have accepted the seat.

For those of you that have accepted a seat, did you type up a letter or did you just send an email advising them?

Thanks

paulsava do you mind telling me what your gpa and gre score was?

Overall: 3.3 (w/2 semesters of Organic Chemistry, Exercise Physiology)
Pre-reqs: 3.6
GRE: 1100, 4
Observation HRS: ~300

If you haven't heard yet then I'm assuming you're competitive. They're probably just waiting to see who accepts/rejects a seat.

paulsava: I typed a letter and mailed it to them. I am located in PA, so I called about a week later just to make sure everything was in order. I had already paid $1000 to reserve my spot, so I wanted to make damn sure my seat was reserved, and they said everything was good. Have you looked at housing near NSU yet?