Admitted Pharmacy student with last min thoughts to medical school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrMoustache

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to talk to as much people as possible, pharmacy friends who graduated and currently in school and friends who are currently in medical school so I thought I should also post it in here and see what you guys think.

I don't know if it's me going crazy but as pharmacy school comes closer, starting this August, medical school is something I'm starting to consider. Medical school from the start has always been in the back of my head but never thought about it seriously due to a number of factors but now that pharmacy school is just around the corner, I don't want to go into pharmacy school and regret not pursuing medical school.

So just to clarify on what I am trying to say, if I were to choose medical school I will completely decline pharmacy school and take about a year or two off. I've been trying to talk to as much people as possible to get as much opinions on what I am thinking and if this is totally crazy feel free to tell me.

My plan right now would be to retake general chemistry (Aced Orgo) and physics fall and spring, take my Mcat, and apply to a SMP.

Any thought?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are unsure about Pharmacy...don't go. Figure this out before you reach the point of no return.

If you think that you would be miserable doing pharmacy, please realize that medicine isn't flowering meadows and rainbow skies, and rivers made of chocolate, where the doctors dance and laugh and plactice with gumdrop smiles. There are doctors who are absolutely miserable...most of which went into medicine for the wrong reasons...and most of whom are too programmed to have the insight to understand their own misery.

Figure out what medicine is and what it isn't. You need to shadow...and you need to try to get a taste of both inpatient and outpatient medicine. Figure out why you are considering medicine and make sure that it isn't because your med school friends look cool.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user