ADT pay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does the ADT pay actually work? Is it split normally like the stipend and paid on the 1/15?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alrighty, should show up on the 15 then. Am I correct in thinking MARRIED people get Basic Pay, BAH, and BAS? If so, that puts me around $3,800 before taxes.

This is a school ADT as well. Presumably we still get paid for them as normal.

It has been a while since I did an ADT, but I don't think the you get BAS/BAH. Anybody else, correct me if I m wrong.

Also, if you got marred after you attended COT, call finance and make sure they have your marital status right. This usually has to be done a couple of times before it is done correctly

It has been a while since I did an ADT, but I don't think the you get BAS/BAH. Anybody else, correct me if I m wrong.

Also, if you got marred after you attended COT, call finance and make sure they have your marital status right. This usually has to be done a couple of times before it is done correctly

I read it another thread that married students receive BAH because their spouses are off-base and still have to pay rent, but who knows if it's right -- it makes sense. On normal AD, you don't get BAH if you live on base.

I read it another thread that married students receive BAH because their spouses are off-base and still have to pay rent, but who knows if it's right -- it makes sense. On normal AD, you don't get BAH if you live on base.

I would seriously question this. I did not even recieve separation pay while I was doing my ADT on base, but if people get BAS/BAH for "staying home", more power to them.

Alrighty, should show up on the 15 then. Am I correct in thinking MARRIED people get Basic Pay, BAH, and BAS? If so, that puts me around $3,800 before taxes.

This is a school ADT as well. Presumably we still get paid for them as normal.

I am fairly certain that married doesn't make a difference. I believe you are paid the BAH II rate, BAS, and salary. BAH II isn't much, its a fixed rate.

I don't have firsthand knowledge, but the Navy HPSP hand book says that married students receive full BAH during Annual Training.

Plus, there was some discussion on this last year that a new law by congress made it that all reservests activated for longer than 30 days received BAH. I don't remember the specifics, but there is a thread out there somewhere.

I treceived BAH II during my recent school orders ADT. I was told that after the ADT was completed I would receive the difference between the full BAH and BAH II on a future paycheck. Haven't seen it yet.........

I don't have firsthand knowledge, but the Navy HPSP hand book says that married students receive full BAH during Annual Training.

Plus, there was some discussion on this last year that a new law by congress made it that all reservests activated for longer than 30 days received BAH. I don't remember the specifics, but there is a thread out there somewhere.

Never got BAH in 4 yrs of ATs. Never got a Separation allowance. Never managed to get into the Tricare system long enough for it to be of any use to my family. By the time you choose a provider & get an appointment at the AT site, your rotation is over, then you have to get another provider at an MTF near your residence. Then you are no longer on active duty and it doesn't matter. Mythical benefits peddled by recruiters.

Never got BAH in 4 yrs of ATs. Never got a Separation allowance. Never managed to get into the Tricare system long enough for it to be of any use to my family. By the time you choose a provider & get an appointment at the AT site, your rotation is over, then you have to get another provider at an MTF near your residence. Then you are no longer on active duty and it doesn't matter. Mythical benefits peddled by recruiters.

When was this? I know that the BAH thing started last year.

AT pay is like this:

Base Pay: Everyone gets it. If you have prior service you will get O-1E or O-1 over howevermany years.

Basic Allowance for Subsistance (BAS): Everyone gets it. Curently $192.74.

Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH):
This is the tricky one. As of 1 Jan 06 all Reserve members on active for more than 30 days get BAH based on ZIP code. For the Navy, at least, the computer programs that control this don't talk and it continues to pay members BAH II. At the end of the AT, a list is sent to DFAS and full BAH is paid.

If you are single and living on per diem you get the partial BAH which is about 44 cents per day.

If you have dependants, you get the full BAH based on the Zip code of your school.

Seperation Pay: This is supposed to kick in when you are away for greater than 30 days. You won't see it until you have been gone for 30 days. Since most orders are less than 30 days away from home, it is usually not an issue.

If you think you are not getting what you should, ask your program.

I'll second that, great post Navy FP. I would add, be armed with the pertinent info, ie. the specific reg in the pay manual that says once you are seperated greater than 30 days, you are entitled to the 150, 250, whatever it is these days. My experience is that disbursing are the laziest group of people ever, and if they haven't done it before, they don't believe you. I fought this one because I was seperated by orders from my Marine wife, and was on permanent sep pay for four years. It was stopped at least twice, for having wrong code, or some joker E-4 not believing I was entitled to it. The manual is available on http://www.defenselink.mil/comptroller/fmr/07a/07a_27.pdf

So, my first ADT check was not any more than my normal stipend. Now what?

I just noticed on MODS that my ADT dates are from 8/17 - 9/30. I guess I need to call and get this changed? (How do they screw this stuff up?)